Getting a DIESEL tacho signal??

wasnt sure where to put this as its not about the micra. i have been given a '89 diesel fiesta which im using as my daily driver for a bit, i would really like to chuck in a rev counter but where can i get the signal from? (Y)

most diesels get a signal from the alternator but i dont think they use a conventional style tacho

Well, seeming diesels don't have a dizzy, you might have an issue there. You could look at the wiring diagrams and see if there is any form of wiring to a tacho pulse, but that would mean buying a haynes or finding it on the internet.

Thanks for all the help guys(Y) that link was very useful, seems that i take the signal from the altenator but it has to be an altenator that has a rev counter attachment, so hope mine does as im not going to change to another altenator for that.
Thanks again for the help,
Noddie

i just use the engine as a rev counter eg. when is sounds like its just about to blow up change gear :laugh: :laugh:

i just use the engine as a rev counter eg. when is sounds like its just about to blow up change gear :laugh: :laugh:

lol! this thing has only done 23,000 but it always sounds like its just about to shake itself apart, maybe thats just diesels eh?

Back