radio signal and memory

hello people, have been browsing around here since being given my micra a few weeks ago, so have decided to join.

Right, after alot of arsing about i managed to install a cd player in my car (with the help of the search button and this forum), but am getting a few problems.

First one, i can't seem to pick up any radio stations. I bought an aerial adapter, plugged it in, but all i can seem to get is static. Anyone had this problem before?

And second. everytime i switch the micra off, all settings are lost. I have searched and gathered that the red and yellow wires need to be switched. But what i would like to know is wires from where. What i mean is, i have wires from the headunit to an iso block connecter. Then the actual iso lead which then goes into the micras loom. Im guessing its the wires from headunit to iso as i never had this problem with the standard blaupunkt cassette, but would like conframation to be sure.

All help and advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashley

p.s. The headunit in question is a "FLI swat 5" if that helps.

It wouldn't really matter where the red and yellow are crossed over, as long as they're crossed over! I think :)

Right update,

Sorted the memory out, the red and yellow cables coming from the headunit was connected with bullet connectors so that was easy.

But i still cant pick up any radio for love nor money. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Back