germank11's micra-project

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hey Frank!

Yes i have thought about it too, but til now there have been no time for reading the datas.

But another thing, what will be difficult to explain with my english:

I have checked the throttlepotentiometer and the ACC valve. I have compared the results with the reference value of my micra-book, and listen:

Reference Value:
throttlepoti closed: 500 Ohm
throttlepoti full throttle: 4000 Ohm
ACC Valve pin 2 to 3 25-45 Ohm and pin 3 to 4 25-45 Ohm.

Ok i have checked my throttlevalvepoti, and set it to 500 Ohm closed position (all settings on working temperature) but after a few kilometers i checked it, and it was set on ~650 Ohm.
ACC Valve suprised me, i have checked it too : pin 2 to 3 and pin 3 to 4 ~83 Ohm, nearly twice as much. And from pin 2 to 4 ~160 Ohm.
But as far as i know there is nothing to set on the ACC valve, because it is governed by the ECU, isn't it?

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
In the meanwhile some other news:
Today my new headlights and nismo emblems arrived, have a look:

Attachments

• 42703.jpg
    42703.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 37

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hey girls... something new for this day: started the work on the chassis, i hope i will finish tomorrow.
Also you can see on the left side int he picture on of the new headlights, but it looks quite the same because it is just a mobilephone-picture.

Back to the old problem: Between the last 3 days, 4 times i tried to "produce" the idleproblem with a restart, but the idle was smooth on 1000rpm... It is not solved complete, but not that bad like one week before..

Attachments

• 42744.jpg
    42744.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 38

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Wohhey... today i have finished with the air intake. It was a damn job to fit it in, when i have thought "yeah ready!" ... haha the bonnet wasn't able to close. But now everything is ok, tomorrow i will take the micra for a short testdrive, perhaps i will make some short vids and load them up to youtube. I am really interested in the difference between stock air filter box and the group a air intake. But one thing for sure... it sounds great, not like a small micramachine!

Attachments

• 42834.jpg
    42834.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 36

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
The mummy is back.... haha, in the moment i am wrapping the manifold into some heattape, here some pics!

Attachments

• 42915.jpg
    42915.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 37

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Just a short question:

Is there an option to wrap the tape too tight? I have wrapped it half over half, if you know what i mean.
A few minutes ago i was out for a short ride, and after 4/5km it smelled badly. Ok i think the smell is coming from the brand new tape, but when i looked on the manifold it was glowing... normal? Ok it is logical that there is more heat because the air-cooling-effect is missing, and the stell is getting to hot and will be damaged.
Any ideas?

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"christain

you,re not running it too lean are you ? (i melted the top of my cat when i had the lpg settings too lean on my old super s)

frank

Hey frank! As far as i know it is running a little bit too rich (thats what matthew told me) But i screwed the fuel reg a quarter turn back to unrich it, i will turn it back today.
Yesterday after smelling the tape i went back home smooth (not driving over 2500rpm) and in the garage (everything was dark) nothing glowed.

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Ok, today i reset the fuel reg to the old setup (quarter-turn clockwise) A few hours ago i was out for some kilometers, city and freeway, now everything seems to be ok, no smell, no glowing.

I hope for some pics with higher quality this week, i have made some headshield to protect the airintake too.

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
..."breaking the needle"...

I am of from work for about one week, and i am visiting my parents right now in the moment. It was a 450km-trip over the highway, and hell yeah the micramachine is running, great ;-) I know now that i don't really need the 5th gear, driving in the 4th gear at ~8000rpm comes out on ~205km/h, everything more in the 5th gear will break the speedometer-needle -lol-
Any ideas for some new speedometer? Perhaps switch to the 1.0-gearbox? Mik told my the 1.0-gearbox will be damaged, it might not be construcetd for such power... any suggestions?

Something i am wondering about: The mileage is quite the same. Ok when you get evil and run it over 7000rpm for a long time it will be a little thirsty monster, but altogether it is thirsty as a stock cg13de. I am running the new engine for 2000 kilomters now.
I hope for some vids... until today i was not able to make some clip because there was no good camera.

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
A few minutes ago i have shot some pictures. Here my selfmade gearknob, 2 years old, need some kind of high-polish-work... but i am too lazy..

Attachments

• 43514.jpg
    43514.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 38

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Here is a picture of the complete engine-bay, complete air-intake, modified chassis and the heat shield.

Attachments

• 43515.jpg
    43515.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 42

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
...detailed view on the heat shield and the connection point from the air intake.... it is connected with an unstitched inner tube of an bicycle. In my opinion the only way to catch the moves of the engine while acceleration, and keep the two parts of the intake "free connected", because the front part of the intake is fixed/screwed to the chassis.

Attachments

• 43516.jpg
    43516.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 31

CMF_Unknown1029

» CMF Member
hello mate, a few things...i heatwrapped my janspeed manifold and within a week it had a 100mm crack down it. also if you still havent sorted the problem with the high idle, make sure you arent setting the accelerator cable to tight, to test it take the cable off and leave it hanging and start the car :p love the project youve got going here!! :D

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hey there!

I am back on the road... excuse me the last weeks have been ****ed up, some private problems...

After a long time i fixed the high-idle problem. It was a damaged throttlebodie. But, i have changed it, and after one week there was another problem: After driving "hard" with full throttle and coming over 4000rpm, the micra gets crazy. Like there was a little monster in the engine stopping the airflow or something else. It was a style of driving like a rodeo-ride, go-stop go-stop... But after a few minutes, for an example you went to a supermarket and the engine was off for 10 minutes, the game starts again, until you drive it "hard" again.
Today i installed another throttlebody, until now it runs perfect.
One question, is there an option for overheating the throttlebody? Perhaps the electronic will be damaged by the heat of the engine?
Whats the normal temperature for the throttlebody when the engine is on workingtemperature? Hot like "woouuhh fingerburning"?

Ok, but there was time for some other goodies:
I installed a selfmade strut brace on the rear axle. I will make some pictures near the end of the week.
Also i installed the D2-Racing coilovers. I have waited since january to get them. This setup is really fine, but there was not enough time to try different damper-settings.
One question for some coilover-experts:
What value of preload do you use for the springs? The was no describtion within the manual, and i only remember to me downhillmountainbike, there was a rule-of-thumb: turn the screw until the spring is not able to move freely, and from this point one more turn...

Also i installed the repairkits to the gti-r brakes, when i got the new discs and pads i will add them to my little racer.

The last step will be to install the race-cat and to remove the silencer from the rear muffler, i hope for this in two weeks!

So far, kind regards,
Christian

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
germank11 WROTE:

"Hey there!<BR><BR><BR>I am back on the road... excuse me the last weeks have been ****ed up, some private problems...<BR><BR>After a long time i fixed the high-idle problem. It was a damaged throttlebodie. But, i have changed it, and after one week there was another problem: After driving "hard" with full throttle and coming over 4000rpm, the micra gets crazy. Like there was a little monster in the engine stopping the airflow or something else. It was a style of driving like a rodeo-ride, go-stop go-stop... But after a few minutes, for an example you went to a supermarket and the engine was off for 10 minutes, the game starts again, until you drive it "hard" again.<BR>Today i installed another throttlebody, until now it runs perfect.<BR>One question, is there an option for overheating the throttlebody? Perhaps the electronic will be damaged by the heat of the engine?<BR>Whats the normal temperature for the throttlebody when the engine is on workingtemperature? Hot like "woouuhh fingerburning"?<BR><BR>Ok, but there was time for some other goodies:<BR>I installed a selfmade strut brace on the rear axle. I will make some pictures near the end of the week.<BR>Also i installed the D2-Racing coilovers. I have waited since january to get them. This setup is really fine, but there was not enough time to try different damper-settings.<BR>One question for some coilover-experts:<BR>What value of preload do you use for the springs? The was no describtion within the manual, and i only remember to me downhillmountainbike, there was a rule-of-thumb: turn the screw until the spring is not able to move freely, and from this point one more turn...<BR><BR>Also i installed the repairkits to the gti-r brakes, when i got the new discs and pads i will add them to my little racer.<BR><BR>The last step will be to install the race-cat and to remove the silencer from the rear muffler, i hope for this in two weeks!<BR><BR>So far, kind regards,<BR>Christian

Hi Christian, with the coilovers it depends how high or low you want the car to sit. The lower the spring tension the lower the car will sit.. just try the method that you said and see how it go's.

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hey!

Nono, i am not talking about the "high" of the car, i am talking about the preload of the spring.

To adjust the high there is a seperate thread. Have look on this:

http://www.k-sportracing.de/picture/zubehoer/indexpix.jpg

the lower screw will fix the "high-setup" after turning the damper in or out, but the two upper screws will fix the spring, and i dont know whats the value for the preload, one turn, two turn. Because to much turns will damage the chassi because it is too strong. But i think my actual setup with one turn preload is a good standard-setup.

The thing you are talking about is the "normal" way to set the high of the car and standard coilovers. The K-Sport and D2-Racing coilovers are able to set the high, without changing the character of the damper.
Have a look on this:
http://www.k-sportracing.de/picture/fahrwerk_hoehen.jpg

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hey folks, ready for some new troubleshooting?

Today i was out on the roadway on the way to my parents. A few days ago i installed the 200cpsi cat. After the half way (200km) i was not able to get faster than 160km/h in the flat. Is like there is no power... In the first and second gear the micra accelerates perfect up to 8000, but in the third gear after coming over ~5500/6000 it is like there is no power... On some parts on the roadway like a hill, i wasn't able to come over 130km/h... crazy. Again, first and second gears a perfect... Don't know what it could be, some suggestions?
Tommorow i gonna check the normal things like sparkplugs, filters and and and.

regards, christian

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
I have solved the problem:

Two spark plugs are damaged, totally melted down... cylinder 1 and 4. The next days i will post some picture, does anyone know some reason for that kind of damage? The spark plugs are in use since ~20000km, ~7500km with the "new" engine. I don't think it will be a effect of the 200cpsi cat, or am i wrong?

Back