gear box problems...

hey guys, just been looking at all the posts, but cant find my problem...

so hopfuly someone can help me...

iv got a 1996 1.0L micra shape... iv just had a new gear bow and cable fitted about 1 month ago...

cars just passed its MOT, but now, when i go into 3rd gear, i have to hold it there. if i dont then it pops out of gear by its self... any ideas?

cheers john (Y)

Sounds to me like a gearbox linkage, does the stick move alot for it to engage 3rd? When in netral is the stick central 'ish' to the gaitor?

Tango

hey guys, just been looking at all the posts, but cant find my problem...

so hopfuly someone can help me...

iv got a 1996 1.0L micra shape... iv just had a new gear bow and cable fitted about 1 month ago...

cars just passed its MOT, but now, when i go into 3rd gear, i have to hold it there. if i dont then it pops out of gear by its self... any ideas?

cheers john (Y)

is this recently john or since the gearbox was fitted ? :)

Sounds to me like a gearbox linkage, does the stick move alot for it to engage 3rd? When in netral is the stick central 'ish' to the gaitor?

Tango

it goes into gear easy, but it just wont stay, as soon as i hit the gas, it pops right out, the gear box wont seem to hold the gear :p

is this recently john or since the gearbox was fitted ?

its just since last night lol

sorry guys, im not very good with cars only been driving for 5 months :)

its either not going in fully, or the selector fork is bent, or the detent/notch in the selector rod is worn (with it affecting only 1 gear, my guess would be the fork, personally john) :)

Hmm..... I can only advise to check all gear linkages are secure (only two at the back of the engine) there easy enough to find with a jack. roll under the car behind the front wheels and then between the firewall and engine you will see the two rods, i had this problem with 4th but it was only due to my modified gearlinkage being slightly to short. if its not this then i would speak to the guy who fitted the box.

Back