ga16de k11,,project still alive!!!

R

RIK

due to having my internet cut off and being on holiday ect,,i havent been on here for a while so am goin to catch up with my guide to the 1.6 conversion this weekend if i have time,,

all ill say for now is that weev had 3 weekends with only 15 hours work on the project and weev got the 1.3 out,and the 1.6 is in and jus needs a bit of werk on the passenger side mount and thats it in and sits perfect as it should with plenty of clearence for pulleys,going to look at driveshafts tomorow and start plumin and wireing it all up,weev definatly got past the hardest part now so things will speed up now,il post in more detail about mounts and chasis leg choppin ect,,,tomorow hopefully

RE: my conversion so far

Sounds rather cool! Ill wait to see more with interest!

Yup - would be interested to see how this conversion goes. keep us update with pics mate!

ive already started it on ''word'' n i have a few pics so ill get my uncle whos doing all the welding for me to go thru it on sunday and ill e-mail it to james probably to put it on here,,but it will only be the guide to doing the mounts as i have to get driveshafts made yet and custom tensioner to replace the powere steering pulley that weev taken off

ive given up with the step by step instructions,but im goin to put a rough guide up deffo! and any questions youl just av to ask me,

little up date,not got much more done but,

the engine is in its got all mounts made,fitted and painted,
been doin the mounts and gettin it in place for like 5 weekends of werk(25 hours)

got drivers side driveshaft cut to lenght redy to send to be made properly,,doing the other side on saturday

also bin lookin at haynes manual for wiring,,n it looks like ill have more chance wiring the national grid! so mite ask for a few favors from sum1 that knows wot they are doing with the wiringgot most of it done but thers a few i dont know wer they go

also going to hunt down a new radiator to fit across the front of the car rather than down one side thats the next step anyway

Speak to Nicon_23, he did this conversion a while ago and i'm sure he'll know what to do!

already have,, before i started the conversion and can neva seem to catch him on here,and its too difficult over the fone,wuld really need pics ova msn maybee

also he made it sound easy wen he was tellin me over the fone lol,,trust me it isnt,,ill give him a txt c if heel gi me a hand over msn then i could post it on ere for anyone interested

another update from todays werk on the project,,nowq all i have to do is

do gearlinkage

fit leads to altonator,,need 1.6 connectors

fit driveshafts,need clips that hold hub end on,can only get sum from nissan(robbing gits! will be ordering tomorow)

fit radiator

oil/filter,,gearbox oil,,and plugs

fit wings,lights and bumper

bought a radiator today as my 1.3 one didnt fit,,so after some looking around found a 1.8 v-tec civic rad,,fits ok but still tight

only got gear linkage to do now

also found this litle baby ,,:p
http://www.hotshot.com/hotshotheaders/ns3003.html

these guys also do cold air intakes for the ga16

yes they are very nice mate ;

[attachment=1140]

thats what they look like when they oin your room floor :p

tis a very nice system mate and whats going on mine :)

nice one ..let me know wot gains you get,,and how long did it take to arrive?

took around 8-9 days to arrive was excelelnt but i knew a guy working in dortiong opffice in america so got it shoipped direct to me with out tax etc. all for £107 ;)

thats wot u need wen yur starting a buissnes,loads of contacts in the rite places,lol

do you know anyone in the uk to do manifolds for the ga16

fired her up today even tho it was for a couple of seconds,cos of no belts on pulleys no exhaust on etc,,,anyway,she's a BEAST

:p

excellent, wil the 1.6 std manifold fit in the micra bay ok?

you got and pics of this

yes thers loads of space fot it,,its jus the radiator i had a problem fitting it .so im using a 1.8v-tec rad from a civic fitting it at weekend and also doing gear linkage too ,but george used the 1.3 k11 rad so i dunno how he got that in :s

got loads of pics also but ther on my fone so im goin to get a data cable to get them up here

EDIT;total cost so far,,,drum roll please!!! :p

engine,mounts, ecu,gearbox,driveshafts = 400 + 50 for delivery
1.8 v-tec rad from civic = 40
plugs,oil and oil filter 2 new belts, grease for cv boots =30
=520
total time taken,,,roughly 30hours

just had another couple of hours on the car,,we got the radiator fited,front panel bak on now,,done the gearlinkage(buy need t test to see if it works properly yet 99% sure it will tho

so all thats left to do is the exuahst and put bumber bak on etc tidy wires up and stuff like that,will be trying to finish it all tomorow so ill let you all know tomorow nite,,:p

had the first test run in it today seems to be fine,,just need some small adjustments and checks etc,,:):p

you should be able to see it at jae matey,,

i still need to get it running rite this week,chage oil,gearbox oil,tomorow
its running fine but on tickover its reving high(about 1500 revs) and then it will get really low revs till it starts strugling,but it wont cut out and then pik bak up and go to 1500 agen and so on
any ideas wot this could be? is ther an idle screw or something ?

hmm,dunno

but im really really pissed off atm,,i went to the car after work to change gearbox oil,after doing that i went to start it up to take it out for a litle run,but it wont start,

ther is a spark,
ther is feul getting to the engine but not gettin thru to spark,,i have taken number one plug out and poured a cap full of fuel in put plug bak and tried it and it fired but didnt run so it must be the injection system?
i have checked the fuse and its ok
it hasnt got NATS because we have had it running and drove it
ther is fuel in the tank
i have taken the ecu out and put it bak in
i have checked all the fuses
i thought it was the alarm that had imobilised it but ive taken that out
could it be the fuse holder for the injuction system fuse???

its turning over but not firing up grrr,,,seems strange it werked fine yesturday! :( HELP

one of your fuses in the engine bay may have rotted or blown. check them to see what the condition is i had this problem before

i think its the fuse holder,that bit wot the blade fuse slots into..only thing i can think of ive bin at it 3 hour going thru everything

fuse holder is possible if it is causeing the connection to foul it may be that

had another go at it today and got it running,,:) woohhoo!

i changed the plug leads over to new ones,,its missing abit so its the dizzy so ill get a new dizzy cap tomorow,,wen i go for my altonator,,:)

thanks,,for the help i didn't get ;)
cheers davey

new dizzy cap(which i found out the scrappy has put a micra dizzy on it grr,,so sort that soon,
new leads
wired altonator up,by guessing and a few fuses :p

but the good news is,,,im bak on the road,but now its a 1600!
mobile tuners coming out today to tweek it up ,but it runs really smooth not a knok/sqeek/grind on it wot an engine!!

fantastic i'll catch you on msn sometime for a full report lol

now look after it ;)

its super fookin quik!!:p got some problems still,,grr really annoying ones :)

first item on my shopping list NOVA GSI lol:D

[attachment=1236] just testing if my pics will work if i post them.lol

EDIT,,woohoo,it worked,,ill jus get the other 80 up,,lol

btw thats wot i had to drive while my car was off the road:blush:

[attachment=1239][attachment=1240][attachment=1241][attachment=1242][attachment=1243][attachment=1244][attachment=1245]

thats ya first lot..lots more to come,,

[attachment=1252][attachment=1253][attachment=1246][attachment=1247][attachment=1248][attachment=1249][attachment=1250][attachment=1251]

[attachment=1260][attachment=1261][attachment=1262][attachment=1263][attachment=1264][attachment=1265][attachment=1266][attachment=1254][attachment=1255][attachment=1256][attachment=1257][attachment=1258][attachment=1259]

RE: my conversion **pics**

[attachment=1267][attachment=1268][attachment=1269][attachment=1270][attachment=1272][attachment=1273][attachment=1274][attachment=1275][attachment=1275][attachment=1277][attachment=1278]

ah right, a take it ur in the process of uploading em now - right-o

yep yur been dumb..lol i savin the vid of it running til last,,jus a few of mounts etc first (trying to keep em in sum sort of order

excellent write up so far looks like you have done a very neat job especially from what youve said on msn i am very impressed indeed. keep those pics coming :)

[attachment=1286][attachment=1285][attachment=1284][attachment=1283][attachment=1282][attachment=1281]nearly ther a few more still to come:wow:

sack the welder!!! id get the sack for welds like that:O anyway that aside it seems to be comming along very nicely :p

yep hes sacked,,,now its finished! wot u mean coming along?

[attachment=1304][attachment=1303][attachment=1300][attachment=1302][attachment=1301][attachment=1307][attachment=1306][attachment=1305]

[attachment=1318][attachment=1317][attachment=1316][attachment=1315][attachment=1312][attachment=1311][attachment=1313][attachment=1314]

Back