ga16de k11,,project still alive!!!

[attachment=1545]rite,,u probly will know i had the car running for at least a week with no problems,untill it started burning oil badly,,missfireing etc,,
compression tested it and ther was lvery low comp on bore number 2 :S

so today,after alot of ummmi'n n aarrrrri'n,,bout wots the best thing to do from here i started to taked the head off to av a peek inside,lol

this is wot i found

[attachment=1540]underside of TB
[attachment=1541]
[attachment=1542] black crap!,,can someone explain please??
[attachment=1543] 3 and 4
[attachment=1544]all 4
[attachment=1545]1 and 2

anyone tell me why,,yep i know its fooked but any ideas,i need to find out the problem before i put another in! :p

that black stuff looks as if that engine has been very hot as in overheating and burnt the oil, are you sure the engine doesnt have a blown headgasket or has had a blown headgasket and not been properly fixed?

you can see the gasket in the pic with all four bores in it

i think the engine was not looked after by the previouse owner,then popped wen i got it,,sods law

The black stuff is just what deposits over time... nothing wrong with any of it. If you want to, just clean some of it off... but it isn't essential.

Well done with the conversion too, it seems it's coming along well. :)

-Elliot

it came along and was finished lol,,but worn rings stopped it in its traks so putting new engine in now,,1.6 :)

Like you said... sods law. :( At least all you have to do is fit the new engine straight in, as the hard works allready done.

-Elliot

yep,,i was saying to ED earlier on today.i have done all the donkey work getting it in ther,so i cant/wont stop untill its running spot on,ther aint no giving up no matter how long or how much it takes

Well hopefully once you get the new engine in man - all will be running smoothly!

Then i'll give you and Chie a race and see whos the K11 daddy! (On the strip of course :;)
Titch :)

oh yes,deffo mate ,soon as its in and set up right,thats my first aim! to get it down the pod,,,

Hi
I'm thinking to do the conversion of my CG13DE Micra as well. Looking for some technical info and pics of how to do the CG13 to GA16 conversion. Are these pics still available? My email is adainys eta autoabc dot lt
Thanks!

Back