• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Nissan Micra K10 GA16DE Polish Project

Hi guys, I'm from Poland and i made an yahoo acount to register here :D

My english isn't perfect so i don't now many technical words but i'll try to tell you what i have in here ;)

MODEL: Nissan Micra K10 made in 1992, registered 1993, in Poland since 12.2005, earlier in Germany.
ENGINE: GA16DE (injection), engine is from 1993 Sunny (Pulsar in UK I guess), camshaft from carb version, inlet manifold 73C version (in Germany were 74C version with 90hp), external fuel pump from Mercedes, new fuel pipes, oil Millers Motorsport 10W50 (2013 Motul 300V 15W50), new timing chain.
INTAKE: Fujita and badlooking CAI :)
EXHAUST: custom manifold 4-2-1, whole exhaust fi50mm, straight-through muffler WM Sport.
DRIVE SYSTEM: custom driveshafts made by pros from Poland ;)
BRAKE SYSTEM: brake pump, and whole front brakes from Sunny 1,6, new copper lines, braided stainles steel lines, proportioning valve from Corsa C on the rear.
SUSPENSION: front: H&R/Bilstein adjustable coilovers, polibushes, custom adjustable strut bar, rear: MTS Technik -35 springs lowered and stiffened by blacksmith, polibushes, custom non adjustable strut bar, 14 inch steel rims with 185/55 tires Kleber Dynaxer HP2 on rear and 185/50 Dunlop SP Sport 2000 on the front.
CAR-AUDIO: none.
INTERIOR: almost everything went out, battery in the back, Super S seats, new Chinese wheel bit smaller and much more comfortable.
WEIGHT: 780kg?
POWER: 110HP/154Nm
PERFORMANCE: GTech ok 7,55s to 100km/h, 16,01s on 1/4mile (slicks but bad tarmac)

I found great Micra without rust and bought it (it was 300km from my city) for a 200 pounds in your currency :p Then bought little crashed Sunny for 120 punds.

Waiting for comments.

ga16de.jpg

hamownia.jpg

Sunny:
ga16de1.jpg

ga16de3.jpg

Whole wires needed:
ga16de5.jpg

Engine
ga16de6.jpg

Micra
ga16de7.jpg

New driveshafts and old ones
ga16de9.jpg

engine mounting
ga16de10.jpg

wishbones and spindle-knuckle (?) from K11, hubs from Sunny.
ga16de11.jpg

engine mounted, some easy things left
ga16de14.jpg

ga16de16.jpg

session on the water (september 2011)

ga16de18.jpg

ga16de20.jpg

ga16de21.jpg

ga16de26.jpg

june 2012
czerwiec3.jpg

czerwiec4.jpg

czerwiec1.jpg

czerwiec2.jpg

superls

K10 Tuner
looking good well done, now get it dyno'd and tell us the power

what have you done to the suspension up front to take the extra weight?

Did nothing yet :(

It's lower with this engine about 10mm than with MA12, i have another one to compare to.

I'm making custom strut bar now, to make car a bit rigid. But in the future i ll buy lowered springs and modify shocks.

On 7-10th June in Poland we had a Nissan Meeting 2012. There was a dyno, 1/4 mile race and track with some corners. Micra did 600 kilometers in 4 days without any breakdown, i am happy about it. I was second in 1,6 class, righ after 130HP Micra K11 with GA16 NVCS.

New photos and dyno shown on the first post, enjoy guys :)

oes.jpg

tugeder.jpg

What car did the driveshafts come from and what gearbox did you use? :)

How does cornering feel with the GA16DE? its a far heavier engine

EDIT: Read description now about driveshafts :)

It was a long long winter in Poland. Now when the wheather is ok i can make some progress :)

I sprayed chassis with Valvoline Bodysafe Wax, closed profiles with Valvoline Tectyl ML.

konserwacja1.jpg

konserwacja2.jpg

konserwacja3.jpg

Some photos of done rear axle
gotow1.jpg

gotow2.jpg

gotow3.jpg

gotow4.jpg

gotow7.jpg

Added proportioning valve from Corsa C, because I was blocking rear wheels permanently :( Also mounted braided stainless steel brake lines.
gotow5.jpg

Longer bolts:)
gotow6.jpg

So let's start with the front :) Adjustable coilovers from Golf. Need a litle bit fitting. It's used H&R/Bilstein.
gwint.jpg

przodek.jpg

Calipers will be sandblasted tommorow
zaciski.jpg

Before 2013 Polish Nissan Meeteing (30May-2June) i finished front and repaired exhaus manifold.

I've mounted adjustable coilovers from Golf mk3, Bilstein + H&R spring, used, bought for 40 pounds, what a bargain ;).
Modified mounting, wholes moved and adapters welded.
gwint2.jpg

gwint4.jpg

gwint7.jpg

Upper mount modified too:
gwint3.jpg

Mounted braided hoses, painted calipers.
gwint6.jpg

gwint5.jpg

On the meeting I use Michelin Slick, cut like Toyo R888. Alloys were Intra 7x13. ET23 was much to low for K10 to I need to make arches wider :D Coils are great! I have to change the mounting on the left side because, left is 1 positive while right is 1 negative ;)

cubus.JPG

1/4 mile
cubus2.JPG

Changing back to normal tires befeore track challenge.
cubus1.JPG

Which one better? ;)
cubus3.JPG

tbc

guys, micra still running :D not many times on road beacuse of lack of time but the end of the season was great, all day on race track :)
hoping for many upgrades next year, especially in the engine :)

rakietowa1.jpg

rakietowa2.jpg

rakietowa3.jpg

second place in >1600 class :)
rakietowa4.jpg