Full Janspeed exhaust ---------

Ok, i know if fitting a full janspeed exhaust - 4 branch and middle cat is a decat e.t.c. it would fail the MOT... but if i was to keep the 4 branch on and just change the cat to a standard type .. would it pass the MOT then?

Cheers

J

ive passed mine with the same system, just give the car a good run before the test to make shure its hot. dont forget most MOT stastions fail the car for excessive sound from the exhast too

oooh!!, cheers frank and micra69, I have the full system apart from the back box which is standard, i havent yet changed it, but have to admit what a different in driving the car without all the s--t cats in place, much smoother and no jerkiness and very quick!!!

Also micra69, when you mean by give the car a good run, meaning that car is up to heat temp and straight on the emissions test?, dont wanna take a risk, rather just quickly swap over the middle cat and hope then, its only a 1.0l but feels like a 1.2 + with 1.3 cams e.t.c.

Cheers

J

yea make shure the system is hot just as it goes in for its test, but if your going to faf on swaping parts just change the whole sysytem it will deffo pass then (Y)

Hi micra69, fitting the system was a big hassel, cant see my self taking it off unless im looking to sell it!! the only thing id rather change is the janspeed second cat and fit the original cat in place just to get by with the MOT then swap over again.... would that be suffice enough to know the passing of the MOT?

cheers

J

I'd say if the engine is in good nick I.e not over fueling and not smoking ext ect it should pass. You could always give the cat a good roasting with a blow toarch to help it through

mine didn't pass when i had a janspeed manifold, cat back, new 2nd cat and stock mapping. seemed that even if i get the cat hot and drop the car off, the garage didn't test the car till couple hours later. but that was before Ed remapped the ecu. need to recheck the janspeeds emissions soon with the new mapping before me mot

Back