4 Branch mannifold Question!!!!

OK am looking to fit a janspeeed 4 branch manifold to my 1.0L 95 Mreg and fitting a janspeed de-cat which looks like a cat converter but its a straight thru pip and janspeed backbox, and the middle piple will just be standard.. would there be any complications to the engine management like bad fueling regards to the cat and the 4 branch modification? also as for M.O.T would there be problems??

Cheers

Thanks in advance

J

why would the car fail the MOT with a 4 branch? whats that all about? its a manifold....

rlees85, what did you do with the mot after?

J

The standard manifold also includes a cat which reduces most of the emissions. Hence the emissions fail when the janspeed manifold is fitted.

mine passed with flying colors with the janspeed manni. thers many ways to help it pass

as for the fuleing it will be ok, but with the STD ECU i wouldnt do any more unless you do something about the management because the ECU carnt cope

if you have the second cat in but have a jan mani it will only pass if you have a STANDARD paper filter in, it will fail with a k&n filter or cone filter

Thanks guys, what i was planning was a 4 branch and fit the janspeed cat section which is only a straight thru pipe in a cat shell, i cant really see them noticing this as it looks like a standard cat anyway!! but as stated the emissions fail, what do you guys recommend, what would you do as i would like this setup but its the F-----G emissions!!!! any suggestions???

On a 1.0L would it make a noticible difference when a 4 branch and cat mod is fitted to the car i also have 1.3 cams and a K&N filter....

Cheers

J

Hi robb, mmmmm ive read the post!! ok so my middle pipe is blown and my back box is rotting away badly... can i ask .. janspeed are doing a backbox with a middle pipe thats a straigh thru, no cat on it but looks like a cheery bomb, link below

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/K11...ance_Exhaust_System_Nissan_Micra_K11_3167.asp

If i fit this and leave my manifold alone would i get away with the M.O.T?

Cheers, all i want it to make the damn thing a little quicker, i did notice a difference when i fitted the cam and airfilter, also theres a hole in the middle pipe giving it a sporty sound which sounds nice and since that happened the car felt alot faster.... so what you think with the exhaust.... its the mot i dont want problems e.t.c..

Cheers

J

Yeah thats a complete 'cat-back' system, it fits after the secondary cat. (it doesnt replace the cat its the same length as the stock mid section ya) so no change with emmisions. The cherry bomb looking thing is just a mini silencer and is found on most stock systems too :)

Hi robb, ooh i see, i thouth that the middle section of the pipe mates with the downpipe bypassing the cat alltogether!! so if i was to only buy the back box and mate it to a standard middle pipe that means the sound would be louder?? and also if i was to get this system and bought the janspeed cat do you know if it woudl pass MOT, sorry for the questions, im trying to see how much i can get out from an exhaust with little oomph without F-----G up at the MOT. my middle section of the pipe is all one size, i.e. no cheery bomb looking pipe... lool

Cheers

J

Ya i mean im no expert on the matter, this issue gets raised quite a lot so most of the more established members on here get fed up explaining and i lose track of the threads that actually explained it all fully lol as it can be hard finding exactly the right answers.

As for your system it really depends what you want, full potential or just a nice little rumble and a few extra horses maybe :)

Hi robb, thanks for your reply... sorry if this is a re-thread of another similar... its that i want to get as much as i can from the 1.0L from the exhaust side but then on the other i need it to pass the emissions... can i ask what do you recommend or any other comments are welcom... in this case what would you do?? in future i will add a 1.3 engine for the fun but right now am happy with the 1.0L .. maybe after new year ill look for an engine to replace.....

Also micra69, can i ask how did your car pass the emissions (MOT) eith flying colours, any secrets??

Cheers............Thanks in advance for taking time replying back!!

J

The 'hear say' is you can pass the mot with a janspeed mani. and secondary cat alone, but to ensure you do it helps if the cat is in good health in the first place and is fully functioning at the mot (i.e. is nice and hot, not too long after pulling up at the garage if ya get me) and the tester doesnt rev it too much in the rev. range he/she is allowed to play with. Hence why its a grey area lol.

The 'hear say' is you can pass the mot with a janspeed mani. and secondary cat alone, but to ensure you do it helps if the cat is in good health in the first place and is fully functioning at the mot (i.e. is nice and hot, not too long after pulling up at the garage if ya get me) and the tester doesnt rev it too much in the rev. range he/she is allowed to play with. Hence why its a grey area lol.

Hi robb, thanks for your reply, i get the idea, also a close mate of mine is an mot tester and always passes regardless :grinning: but need my car legit..

Also is there a place that does cheap 4 branch manifolds, any links?

Cheers..

J

hello, its as rob says realy. i swap my cat by-pass for the OE cat rather than the whole system (like i used to) and just make shure the car is well ran and the system is hot! i know frank said heating the cat up to also helps, although ive not done this as ive never needed to. so i carnt comment on this realy. just make shure the lambda sensor is fine ect ect and its not over fueling and so on.

i would say if you realy want the best form a system its the janspeed strate through to the back box with a silancer, (your choice) so its not silly loud, and just replace the centre cat once a year

so the system would be jspeed manifold to the "cat" but in replacement of the cat have a cat by-pass pipe (can be removed to place the cat in for the MOT) to the silencer then to the back box

Hi guys, ok i think all seems to be settled on the thread unless any comments welcomed, i get the idea so will have to check some prices on 4 branch as mentiond... appreciated for your time in replies and experiances...........

Cheers again!!

J

Back