Fuel Gauge Warning Light???

Hi all,

I have just converted my old K11 instrument panel for a shiny new one with a rev counter. This is a great conversion, if you can find one, its just plug and play - I just love these little cars!!!!

Does my new instrument panel have a fuel warning light and audible buzzer like the old one and approximately how far can I go in emergency reserve?

The old fuel gauge was huge so you could work out exactly how much fuel you had left (great for a poor student!):laugh:
This is my instrument panel
photostream

Many thanks
Simon

PS - Great forum and very friendly, knowledgeable people, Im a newbie who's been made very welcome thanks!

could take out each backlight n point a flashlight through to see

last time i emptied my tank just when the light came on there was enough fuel left for bout 50 motorway miles i think

my guage was on empty 18 months ago and has just put the light on....lol (senior members will get that one :laugh:)

you should have about 30-40 miles once the light has come on. but best to say that if the light is on, get to the nearest garage and put at least a fiver in it.(Y)

agree i always get abit nervous when the light comes on wondering how long i can keep going, then give in n fill up at nearest station

My 406 is quite scary, when the light comes on it means basically "find a petrol station as soon as you can", It comes on with a paltry 5 litres in the tank! :wow:

From what I remember when I fitted SR dials to my uber base spec 1995 'L' it didn't make the fuel light work, but I may have had a duff bulb. Maybe keep a jerry can in the car and risk running it low?

James.

You could swap the bulb for one of the working regular backlight bulbs that come on with the headlights to check if it's working or blown.

When my needle settles below the red line thats whenn i slam 15quid in the tank! No point carrying extra fuel about as you use fuel lugging the fuel about

When my needle settles below the red line thats whenn i slam 15quid in the tank! No point carrying extra fuel about as you use fuel lugging the fuel about

ok,,,,but you get more mileage putting a £20 (more weight added) than just a ten
done this many times and its proven

thanks everyone, Ive been driving as far as I dare (off the gauge) and still no light!!
I have noticed though, once in the red, the car really flies?!:laugh:

Back