petrol warning light

do the 1 litres have petrol warning lights?

iam sure when the sunlight shines on my dash board i can make out a petrol symbol with orange around it just left of the gauge

if they do have one mine doesnt work because iam always lettin my fuel run very low.could it just be a blown bulb if they do have the warning light

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
i never knew mine had one until one day i was low on petrol the last mark in the red i think then it bleeped n it came on

M

Melanie

I've got a 1 litre and mine makes 2 beeping sounds and a little petrol pump light comes on when I get down to the last line on the red part.

R

Ray1

iv got one on my SR, its not very good though as i think it only comes on when fuel is very very very low! i.e. almost nothing left! as iv found on a few unfortunate occasions!

P

p5yco

that beep spun me out the first time i hurd it dodnt know what it was but it dose help having one should come with every car

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
The 1l's don't have one, I assume that the wiring is there, but never tested by putting a bulb in it

user49484948488484

Ex. Club Member
This is something thats been bothering me for ages, i've got a 1 litre 97 Vibe and I have'nt seen it come on, I can see its there and the maunual points it out but I have never seen it come on... I've done 60 miles when its pointing under the red line... but my experience of the petrol reading is so unreliable, I'm tempted to carry around a can of petrol so if it does run out i can refill it easy.

C

climbinghutch

I always run my micra into the petrol warning light zone. Mine doesn't beep it just comes on gradualy, unless i'm cornering hard! The hand book says there is 5L left when the light comes on and i've driven way more than 30 miles with it on. On that occasion though it did take more than 40L to refill the tank so i think i was almost out. Anyway, my light doesn't come on until the needle is pointing off the bottom of the red on the fuel gauage. My guess is that they print it like that on purpose because my hand book also says that you shouldn't run the car below 1/4 of a tank because of debris in the fuel system.
If your worried carry a green fuel can with some go go juice in it just in case.

tommo

Ex. Club Member
mine beeps at me every week lol

beep beep roughly translates to '' im empty tommo'' mine beeps and the light comes on about a 1/4 of the way into the red, if that makes sense!

and mines a 98 K11 1300 GX

W

wrichardson1999

tommo said:
mine beeps at me every week lol

beep beep roughly translates to '' im empty tommo'' mine beeps and the light comes on about a 1/4 of the way into the red, if that makes sense!

and mines a 98 K11 1300 GX

Haven't seen light (or heard beep yet) but I've noticed that when my needles in the red it will only take around 26ltrs of fuel. I get around 320 miles (that's around 46mile per gallon) but only costs around £23-£24 quid??

Needle must drop to the floor before I use the other 16 ltrs of fuel that should be in the 42ltr tank?

How many miles do people get per tank? before filling?

Cheers

Wayne

rj007

Ex. Club Member
The light comes on in mine and also beeps. Its beeping was originally advertised as similar to a baby crying for its milk. Your baby micra is crying for a drink. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! :rolleyes:

A

andalayyeehah

i have a 2000 W reg K11 1.0 and it has a petrol warning light, i know coz its always lit :) lol

S

Ste

iv got a 95 micra L, just put a bulb in the crrect place today, so when it gets empty mid next week il let you know if just adding a bulb works.

any1 got any suggestions to how i can tell sooner (besides driving heavy footeder than usual for next few days)

Ste

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Retepetsir said:
I dont even have a bulb in mine, so I guess I dont! That's in a basic 'Tropic' btw....

me aswell, when i went to the scrappy, the cars in there didnt have em in either! :S! so it aint jusy car then lol