• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Fordy's K10 Micra Blog

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
today i fitted my painted super s rear bumper, side skirts, wheel extensions and my foah front bumper, only pictures of the sides and rear as im fitting and wiring some front fogs and it got dark quickly,

i will get a picture of the front tomorrow

hope everyone likes it

Arnold said:
Looking great! any other plans?

the only plan i have now is to change the interior to either grey or black but trying to find a k10 even a ls! in a scrapyard near me is impossible

thanks for all the comments, everytime i look at the car it gets nicer and nicer, i said to elliot when i brought the front bumper that i will restore it and so i have, just hope elliot sees this thread

looks good fordy mate. good to see all the parts going to good use :)

makes me wanna get another super s again

Mark said:
looks good fordy mate. good to see all the parts going to good use :)

cheers mate, im surprised how well the side skirts come up considering all the cuts and marks on them, but all the hard work sorting them out paid off in the end

and yes do get another super s

Fordy said:
i said to elliot when i brought the front bumper that i will restore it and so i have, just hope elliot sees this thread

And I have matey. :) Your car looks fantastic now! I love it how you have restored the front bumper... as it certainly did need a bit of work.

Seeing it makes me miss my K10. :(

Anyway, keep making it better and better.... as it's been done tastefully. ;)

-Elliot

i had to rub the whole of the black paint off as it was flaking off all over, lol the bumper was red under the black

i did as much of it as i could on my own and then got the bodyshop boys to do the last prep on it to get it smooth for paint and they painted it and not at bad price either.

£70 to paint and final prep on the front bumper, paint a super s rear bumper and paint the 2 wing mirrors.

ive mounted it in so many places its now like a rock no flex at all

i like doing stuff like that as its a change from normal day bordem, everyone thats seen it in the flesh loves it.

thanks for the nice comments elliot it really means something, i bet your glad the bumper stayed in the club :laugh:

I'm glad you are enjoying it, and am also glad the bumper went to someone who appreciates it. :)

Yours is the only K10 that I find to be interesting on here anymore. I don't mean it offensively to anybody else... but yours has been tastefully done. :)

Keep up the good work bud!

-Elliot

The bodywork is done and the only plans i have left to do to it at some stage is

1: super s interior
2: get a 1.2 engine in it

and then im sure i will think of something else :wasntme:

Fordy's K10 is the one to watch in the MSC definatly the best super s rep.

it's gonna be quality when its done, get some engine pictures up mate

I bet you cant wait til you pass your driving test :)

1: super s interior
2: get a 1.2 engine in it

take your rear quarter windows out and take them to a window tinting place and get them tinted to match the tailgate window

heres a little update,

ive now got a remote boot release, and whilst doing that i did something else which makes my k10 a little more unique, untill everyone starts copying it

Before

After

who can spot the difference first?

they ment to sit flat, i think it looks better the other way so i modded the motor to make it sit the other way, to be honest the pictures dont do it justice it does look better than normal to me anyway

if anyone wants to have it the other way like mine i could make a quick guide if its needed

you take out the drivers seat and move the carpet back find the 2 holes for the lever and then track the cable down the drivers side though the white loom clips and then sort out the boot latch mech

Looks very nice man, i like it up like that.
Just give the wiper arm a quick spray in "matt" black (don't know the correct English word tbh. :) )
I always see k10's with wiper arms without paint. It will only take 5 minutes, n looks so much better. :)

*Update*

Strut Brace Painted by Rupie @ Yaxley Coachworks in Peterborough and Fitted by me and my annoying little brother

And my present from far far away (malaysia) to be fitted on saturday
i was inspired by elliots car and ed's so i got these

thought i'd update this with some new better pictures but the car was a little dirty

21745ce24725a562.jpg

21745ce2472c3516.jpg

21745ce2471bbfe0.jpg

21745ce26da6dde3.jpg

Also can this thread please be moved into the k10 micra blogs, and the thread name changed to fordys micra blog

yea that stickers there because from factory (1990) asbestos was still being used in brake linings and pads etc

Back