• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Ali's K10 Micra Blog

micrah220

Ex. Club Member
Hi,
Thought id start a blog of my K10. Ive done a bit of work on the car so far but there is still alot more work to be done!

I got the car for my first car off of my dads mate, it was either me have it or it would be scrapped so I said yes :p:p
When I got it was completely standard and i did some painting, bought some wheel trims :D and added a few bits and bobs and this is how it looked:

d.jpg

27042008236.jpg

I then got my hands on a Foah kit from Moddedmicra and some new wheels to replace the the trims lol. This is how she looks now:

beast.JPG

beast 2.JPG

cheers joe,
just finished making a mounting plate to stick my K&N onto my new carb :D and should have the carb on soon :grinning::grinning:

DSC00083.JPG

DSC00085.JPG

yh its good, thanks. when im fitting it on, what do i do about the fuel cut of solenoid?

no you wont need that mate its basically a fit and go carb ;) all it needs is a fuel feed connection to the vac on the dissy and that should be about it.

nice to see my kits is making the rounds :p looks like a cracking k10 btw!

no you wont need that mate its basically a fit and go carb ;) all it needs is a fuel feed connection to the vac on the dissy and that should be about it.

nice to see my kits is making the rounds :p looks like a cracking k10 btw!

Ok thanks, that sounds alright. Im hoping I should have it in today if everything goes to plan :D

Cheers, glad you like the car (Y)

Finished putting on my new carb :D and with the K&N on there it looks alright :p just need to tune it properly to see how good it is

carb 2.JPG

carb3.JPG

new carb(Y):

carb1.JPG

just had someone try to tune the new carb and he could not do it. found out its badly worn and cannot be tuned so ill have to put the old one back on :mad:

yh i did that but he said he thinks theres a problem with the internals as the mixture screw was not adjusting the mixture :confused:

it might be that, ill try stripping it down and checking the jets and float etc. and see if i can find out whats wrong with it

Had a slight problem today, I was driving down a dual carriageway and the wheels just locked, had the AA out and the gearbox or diff has seized :(:(:(
Think this might be the end of my K10 :(

DSC00119.JPG

DSC00121.JPG

DSC00120.JPG

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

only a gearbox change mate very easy to do should cost you about £50 for a second hand box from a scrappies dont go scrapping it beacuse of that ;)

curtis

mine has the smaller k10 size clutch, and the smaller spline driveshafts, and the rs5f41a is listed for both models..... so it "should" fit :)

curtis

grab the clutch pressure plate too, because my 1.0 clutch and g/box has sustained 90 odd hp for 6+ months, no probs

only a gearbox change mate very easy to do should cost you about £50 for a second hand box from a scrappies dont go scrapping it beacuse of that ;)

I know, I did consider fixing it but there are just so many things wrong with it, its become a bit like a drain of all my money and would cost too much to sort everything out, the steering, calipers seized, front shock problems, rust etc. I have stripped most things off of it. If anybody wants anything off of it or wants the car then just ask but I think its time for me to move on :down:

I will be selling most parts off of it and will list them up soon

I did consider fixing it but there are just so many things wrong with it, its become a bit like a drain of all my money

i know what you mean mate sometimes it just gets ridiculous! sometimes you have to take a step back and remind yourself its an 18 year old car and its going to suck you dry of cash....

Lovely wheels (used to be Speedles too!) Bummer your car is having problems though

Back