flywheel

yours, and mine have the smaller (different) clutch (and smaller g/box) so wont fit the others :)

so there no point put the 1.3 flywheel on my 1.0 liter then frank i just got think being from a big engine the 1.3 flywheel mit be abit ligter or somethink ?:(

no, you would have to change the clutch, g/gox, shafts etc :eek:
you could get yours lightened tho eh, 3.5kg works well on a 1.0, (and 4kg on a 1.3) :)

no, you would have to change the clutch, g/gox, shafts etc :eek:
you could get yours lightened tho eh, 3.5kg works well on a 1.0, (and 4kg on a 1.3) :)

yer i know about getting my flywheel light that the easy way now :) i was just thinkin maybe i could just put the 1.3 flywheel on but never mind lighter flywheel it is soon :)

thanks Frank :) :)

cool, thanks phil, think i will look into getting that done in the future...

its an engine out jobbie right?

if your looking off getting your flywheel done tom im going to use
superls on here he dose it for £30 a little ligter of £50 for ultra light but i dont think that with post awell mit be a good idear to give him a pm :) :)

does he balance them too?

not disrespecting his work or anything, just want to know whether or not it is worth it,

wouldnt mind keeping it in the "family" lol

does he balance them too?

not disrespecting his work or anything, just want to know whether or not it is worth it,

wouldnt mind keeping it in the "family" lol

hmmmmmmmmm i think so tom i dont really know but i would off think he would somethink you would have to ask him.

and yer true £50 is cheep cause i call somewhere and i think thay wanted somethink like £90-£120 it do it but that with out post awell :(

its £57.50 not includeing p&p to nit pic. he he (sorry phil). but please be aware that he also needs a micra crank to balance it, so ever he will need urs or one from the brakers!

its £57.50 not includeing p&p to nit pic. he he (sorry phil). but please be aware that he also needs a micra crank to balance it, so ever he will need urs or one from the brakers!

i can drop the crank off to him that he used to balance my f/w, if needed :)

how does a light fly wheel help the car then peeps and would putting one on my 1.4 be a good idea

your 8+kg ( with most of the weight on the outer edge) CGA flywheel on left takes a lot of hp to spin from 1k to full chat kenny, my sub 4kg one makes the throttle a lot more responsive (more effective in the lower gears) :)
there,s a limit to what you can safely take off a coilpack f/w tho :doh:
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=13516&stc=1&d=1252690438

Attachments

• PICT0096.JPG
    PICT0096.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 344
your the guy to ask while your online :)

Frank, would i be able to make a big difference by going down to 3.5kg with my 1.0?

will its either we find somebody to make them or we have to pay like £350+ for a JUN one....

round about, and then customs charges ya up to £100

costed bout as much as the car itself

first time i started it i wondered to myself if i had just put a motorcycle engine in :laugh:

the ultra-light jun flywheel revs real fast, great for heal & toe, snappy gear changes and also more of the engines power capacity is available to drive the car.

setting off in traffic was a little tricky but soon got use to it.

wasn't too sure about getting the oem flywheel machine lightened cos i didn't fancy the risk of having bits of flywheel flying into the cabin when it fails.

your the guy to ask while your online :)

Frank, would i be able to make a big difference by going down to 3.5kg with my 1.0?

its not much bang-per-buck if you have to pay a garage to drop the g/box to fit one really tom...... but if you diy fit, or if your clutch needs changing, then its well worth it :cool:

so to fit it,

i have to remove the gear box / clutch to fit it?

or i need to relocate the whole system?

i'm confused now lol

hmmm well i just discovered i only have £35 in my account lol

my renewal is £870 at the end of the month...

lol

well i dont think i will be reaching quite that high power, i just want one that is strong and has a nice meaty feel to it,

mine feels a bit spoungy :(

I saw that last week but I run a Helix clutch, so hence didn't bid. I may be interested in one in the future depending on how the next engine performs.

Back