Flywheel dilema's

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
When i change the gearbox next month, for a new'er 1.0 box with a LSD fitted to it, I am thinking really need to change the flywheel. Last time i had the box off, I notice quite a few what looked like hairline cracks on the working face of the flywheel. At the time I didn't really have any time to do anything about it so, cleaned it up best i could which did reduce the no of what looked like cracks.

The current flywheel is a standard 1.3 flywheel, with what looks like small cracks and has done a lot of work i.e 110k road miles and then 15k as a rally with increasing amounts of power and lots of abuse.....

So options are :-

a) Carry on with current standard flywheel - i.e. if its not broke and all that
b) Fit a newer and less abused standard flywheel, although these are not that common on ebay, anyone got one at a decent price?
c) I have been offered a lightened flywheel (~4.5kgs) for £150, is this a decent price? Also what is the road driving like with the lightened flywheel? Does it make pulling away harder etc...?

I would have thought that a heavier flywheel would be better for dirt/gravel etc? All the motocross boys fit heavier flywheela when its wet, helps stop them spinnig up as fast after losing grip and gives the wheels a chance to try and grip again.

1045 steel friction plate on them fidanza. if you cut a recess in our flywheel to drop a 200mm one bolt in? ?????

the lighter the better matt, take all of the back off, and some of the front too :) here,s the one i,ve been using for many years

73438.jpg
73403.jpg
39088.jpg

Back