fitting a new throttle body

Hi all,

I've got a new throttle body to fit and I've had a poke around ad notice that the throttle body is bolted to the manifold with cap head screws. I don't have many allen keys as I always seem to lose thm. Could somebody tell me what size they are please as I don't want to start the jb and then have to go out and get an allen key.

Or is it better to use one of those allen key socket things on a ratchet with extension? All help greatly appreciated.::grinning:

Thanks for that guys, got it done and it was 6mm. Do I need to reset the ECU now that the new throttle body has been fitted? If so, how? Sorry, completely newb to micras, I appreciate your patience.:)

Ok,

SO new throttle body is fitted and it was a brand new unit, but the car is still coughing and spluttering all over the place at light throttle openings and low revs, Just the same as it was on the old throttle body!!

Please help:(

Ok,

SO new throttle body is fitted and it was a brand new unit, but the car is still coughing and spluttering all over the place at light throttle openings and low revs, Just the same as it was on the old throttle body!!

Please help:(

i,ve had those symptoms before ohms, you may need to just reset the tps, mine cleared itself after a few days (months ago) but i tested out a spare ecu out yesterday and the judder reappeared (very light throttle in top at 25-30 mph, shakes the car like mad, yeh ?)

That's it Frank, and hesittation when pulling away slowly from a junction in first, then once it's got up the revs it clears it's throat and revs like a good 'un!

I'cw cheked the ecu and it's not throwing out any fault codes. Just getting 55.(Y)

So how do I reset the tps??

Sorry, been a while since i've messed around with petrol engines...Starting to remember why I left them for Turbo diesels now:down:

So how do I reset the tps??

i think you have to rev it a few times, disconnect the tps, rev it again, then set the idle via the allenkey plastic airbleed screw on the o/s/r corner, then refit the tps
but there is some adjustment on the tps tho eh (it should be a certain volts or ohms value when closed iirc:)

i think you have to rev it a few times, disconnect the tps, rev it again, then set the idle via the allenkey plastic airbleed screw on the o/s/r corner, then refit the tps
but there is some adjustment on the tps tho eh (it should be a certain volts or ohms value when closed iirc:)

Thats right, the idle must be adjusted on that screw with TPS disconnected. The TPS should be adjusted first, to a voltage between 0,40v and 0,60v (i have it at 0,50v after it gets warm, because the termowax raises the TPS when cold).

You measure this value on the middle wire on the TPS connector. Warm engine 0.5V like Bagas told is ok. You loosen the 2 scrwes a little and turn the TPS until you get the right value on the meter display.

You have to do this engine off, but the key on the ignition switshed. Also connector plugged into the TPS while doing this.

Chrismo

You measure this value on the middle wire on the TPS connector. Warm engine 0.5V like Bagas told is ok. You loosen the 2 scrwes a little and turn the TPS until you get the right value on the meter display.

You have to do this engine off, but the key on the ignition switshed. Also connector plugged into the TPS while doing this.

Chrismo

The best way is to connect a Consult cable and check the TPS voltage value on the PC :grinning:

where did ya get this t/b from because all i did when i put a recon one on mine was knock the tickover down abit and all was fine

That's what I'm thinking...it' a brand new item, not re-conditioned, surely all of these values should have been properly set from the factory?? Would this cause the juddering and jumping?

The cras had new dizzy cap, arm and leads, new NGK plugs and now new throttle body, and it's still no better. Economy is rubbish as well. What else can be wrong with it????:(

Back