Throttle Body Problems

Hello,

I'm fairly new to here and have had problems as you might of read in a previous thread, touch wood, everything seems ok now though.

What my question is, as its been bugging me, what exactly is the fault with the throttle bodys? From my point of view, my car was losing power, I re-soldered it up and it seems fine now.

All I can think of is that the dry joint on the throttle body has something to do with the fueling and the throttle, and its losing its connection with the pedal/throttle position, and cutting the fuel off, as it thinks the throttle isnt pressed in, which is making me lose fuel, then pump the throttle pedal and its picking up again as its finding its place again? Does that make any sense?

Sorry If this question has been asked before but its just been puzzleing me and it seems to be the only logical answer I can come up with for the symptoms I was having!

Many Thanks

Chris

Sorry i'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe the throttle body acts something like this:

Air goes in through the throttle body and the MAF (mass air flow sensor) detects how much air is going in and creates the correct air/fuel mixture in the engine.
When the solder dries and you get a dry joint, the ECU does not get correct air readings and just pumps in whatever fuel it likes (not enough, too much, I don't know)

I may have just chatted a load of *anagram of a fish* but that's what I have been led to believe.

i think it's something to do with the air flow meter, which the ecu wouldn't know how much air is going into the throttle body, so it doesn't put any fuel in

EDIT:
beaten to it! lol

Ill keep it short, the MAF (mass air flow sensor) measures the temperature of the air as it passes over (temperature determines density of molecules).
The signal sent to the sensor is of a constant voltage or current, the sensor resistance then changes with the temperature so the signal on the return is the same or less.
A dodgy connection on the way in or return will give the wrong signal. Thats about as simply i can put it, brains very tired at the moment so pardon grammar!

Clarky your thinking or the throttle posistion sensor, not sure of any problems with the micra. Some of the nissan engines running injection back in the day of the k10 had to have them calibrated.

Back