Idling problems - Throttle body woes

CMF_TonkMasta

» CMF Member
Micra 1995 cg13 K11, manual GL, no airconditioning or power steering.
Approx 200,000km on the clock.

History of idling problems, rough running, cutting out, stalling. Did the resoldering trick previously on original throttle body which seemed to improve things for a while, but things worsened.

Decided to purchase from Ebay from Taiwan (http://stores.ebay.com.au/casakeytw-JDM?_trksid=p4340.l2563) a new throttle body and fitted it. Discovered after fitting, that the TPS switch was damaged in transit and not sweeping or measurable in ohms at all.

Replaced that TPS with the one from the old TB, which measured within spec according to (Hayes) manual.
Does anyone have pin-out for the hotwire plug terminal on the throttle body?
The manual says that the valid pins are 1,2,3 but it's not clear which pins are 1, 2 or three as they're not marked? The (Hayes) manual says you should be getting a reading
from 1 and 2 and another reading from pins 2 & 3 but, as we don't know which pins are which, we can't determine which pins are 1, 2 or 3?
Since we replaced the TB, the symptoms of poor idling haven't changed. The car runs faultlessly over approximately 2000 RPM, it's only below that RPM that it's problematic.

We've inspected the ECU's PCB for corrosion or damage and there doesn't appear to be any, and the multipin connection seems to be in good condition.
We performed the fault codes testing on the ECU using the initialisation sequence and it returned the code of 55, which according to the manual, indicates that all is well.
All the other items like plug leads and spark plugs are in good condition and regular service has been performed. The crank angle sensor has been inspected and also appears to be in good condition
The vehicle is also in need of a camchain kit replacement, (have parts already) and a clutch, we are reluctant to proceed with those works until we find a solution for the
original fault, it would be foolhardy to proceed with replacing the camchain and clutch if we discover that perhaps the ECU needs replacement, or other expensive components as it will make the vehicle uneconomical to repair. It may end up becoming a situation where
we might consider replacing the entire motor with a used one that we might perhaps be able to source from another forum member, given we would have to remove the engine in any case.
I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on a possible solution, I'm in Brisbane by the way.

Thanks for reading.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
have you checked the coolant temp sensor tonkmaster ?
and here,s the maf pinout

Attachments

• 77694.jpg
    77694.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 43

CMF_TonkMasta

» CMF Member
Thanks frank2, I appreciate you going to the trouble of posting that, exactly what I need. My friend who's been looking into it for me will have something to say on this when I speak with him. Cheers :)

Back