fitted 1.3cams

Manny

Ex. Club Member
went down to see frank top chap nice family also. got the cams fitted top job at a bargain price cant go wrong. the rain didnt help but frank still battled on to get the job done. we had cups of tea and fags. every time we went out after the breaks the rain came on harder and harder but frank wasnt having none of it. i didnt even lift a finger. had a test drive in franks car was amazed of the acceleration. thanks again. cams are worth having in it goes went you floor it.

cheers ahmed (Y) , twas a pleasure
shame we could,nt do the pic,s for a guide tho eh, but i did,nt want to kill my camera

shame we could,nt do the pic,s for a guide tho eh, but i did,nt want to kill my camera

yeah shame we couldnt, guide would help but you need skill and you need to know what exactly to do.

Are we talking about fitting the 1.3 cams into the 1.0l? If so, how much to do it? Are there any other factors to consider when doing this? Does it fundamentally change anything else in the car which needs attending to or can you swap with no damaging implications to other areas?

Would be a long drive for me, but I wouldn't mind a bit more ooomph in the car if it's available. :)

Are we talking about fitting the 1.3 cams into the 1.0l? If so, how much to do it? Are there any other factors to consider when doing this? Does it fundamentally change anything else in the car which needs attending to or can you swap with no damaging implications to other areas?

Would be a long drive for me, but I wouldn't mind a bit more ooomph in the car if it's available. :)

yeah 1.3 cams into my 1.0 ltr. frank only charged me 20 squids which is a bargain, garage would have wanted few hundred. no damage as faar as im concern, frank will know.

ive just done this myself also, the only way i can explain it is that it feels like a TDI.
it moves all the quick accelaration further up the rev rage in torque :D fun and i think ive saved fuel round the town

no jezebel

the coilpack 1.0,s may well have better cams anyway, apparently the 1.4 has a better inlet cam and surely the 1.0,s would have been upgraded too

ive just done this myself also, the only way i can explain it is that it feels like a TDI.
it moves all the quick accelaration further up the rev rage in torque :D fun and i think ive saved fuel round the town

yeh, my misses,s 1.0 with 1.3 cams is like that, flat as a fart till about 1/2 revs, but let it rev and it,s pretty quick for a 1.0

when i put mine in i started using loads of petrol so took them back out any reason why that would be frank?

joel

it should,nt really.
i find, with my misses,s, if you accelerate at 1/3 throttle and let it rev, it,s fairly quick and also good on fuel (but big wheels are a fuel killer on a 1.0,s tho eh)

do you adjust the timing using the dizzy? had Kristian fit them for me, he hadn't fitted the 1.3 cams to a 1.0 before and i dont think i researched it enough before i went up. Hoping Frank could be of some help as he's no done a couple :)

primal

the last time i had a lower tickover, i had fitted one of the cams 1 tooth out.
but like you say, it may just need the ignition timing reset, if you twist the dizzy backwards (clockwise, looking at the cap), it will advance the timing (and usually raises the tickover)
failing that, there,s a pic in my blog of the lobe positions at tdc :)

This is the correct way to set the timing on the K11. If you line up the top timing chain with the designated coloured links, you can't get it wrong. Not the best scan in the world but it describes the correct method.

It's also a great way to check if your timing is indeed out, as it will clearly show when the engine is aligned as described with Cyl 1 at TDC.

http://www.micra.com.au/images/technical-articles/nissan-timing-chain-procedure6.jpg

This is the correct way to set the timing on the K11. If you line up the top timing chain with the designated coloured links, you can't get it wrong. Not the best scan in the world but it describes the correct method.

It's also a great way to check if your timing is indeed out, as it will clearly show when the engine is aligned as described with Cyl 1 at TDC.

http://www.micra.com.au/images/technical-articles/nissan-timing-chain-procedure6.jpg

that,s the best way ideally, but every cg i,ve worked on had no colour left on the link,s

The colour doesn't matter, the engine will line up with those link spacings, which is why they state how many links there are between on the diagram ;) hehe

hello guys, what it is that ive lost the quick pick when you use to pass 5000 rpm mark? been ongoing for about 3 weeks now cant seem to see what it could be? seems to run ok no hesitation? tick over is ok too, with the 1.3 cams in.

Back