rant and rave

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
two weeks ago i took micra for 3 part clutch change normally i would have done the job myself but injury to arm stoped me from doing so.....towards the end of last week on starting the engine there was a metalic grinding sound as if the realese bearing wasnt releasing properly so had my little rant about it and today it was getting worse so i thought go get one and do the job myself that way i know its done correctly.....as I had bonnet up i thought may as well clean plugs and check oil HORROR not a drop of oil in her strange no warning light to tell me no oil yet i had just done full service 2 weeks prior to it going in for clutch, it dont burn oil in fact it never uses a drop or it didnt......I went under car to further investigate and no leaks inspected drain plug tight but a little splodge of old oil around it gearbox nothing......2+2 = 4 garage has drained the wrong one said nowt and forgot to refill it what else can it be. Off I went to garage asked who they had working on car they told me one of them was a skill training lad he should not be touching anyones car un supervised i said you have knackered my engine pointing the finger, they denied any wrong doing so now i have the only magic nissan micra in the whole country it gets rid of its engine oil god knows where and runs with none in for a week or two......just as well im planning upgrade looks like i have no choice now.......so guys any work you get done at any garage dont be affraid to inspect your car with the mechanics present before and and after you get it back any thing your not sure of ask and allways stand your ground dont just take there word that everything is ok......**** turpin wore a mask we should have a name them and shame them section:down: :down: :down:

:glance: I didn't think you would last a week in a nissan, the only engine I've heard of doing this was the old ford fiestas, they could go months with no oil. You should take them to court and sue the asses off them.

well i have been around cars all my life and i have never came across anything like this before there is no leaks the engine dont burn oil so where has it gone the only answer is the garage has mucked up and now they say it wernt them muppetts i should have know better. this is the first time i have ever had a garage do any work for me never never again no matter how bad my arm is....

harsh mate, is the engine fudged? i hate how people deny everything like that, no one is honnest anymore

Ok first of all what are you going to do about it?

Then you need to decide who to contact and act fast.

Ed

allready been to garage where i got clutch done they denied any wrong doing but I have problem there I paid cash no bill no reciept what a mug I should have known better.....all i can do is learn from it and make my feelings known. as for engine it runs it rattles now on start up where before it didnt so the only good thing to come out of this is im going to do a upgrade just as soon as i can get doner car so there mistake may well be costing me money but im an optermist and allways look on the up side im going to have at least a 1.6 in its place so good things do happen......just had my hand forced a little thats all......plus when i super glue his van locks and garage locks i will have a giggle

Threaten them with court, go to the local newspaper, papers pay well for these stories, it might pay for your engine.

What a bunch of muppets. I wouldn't bother with the super glue though, they'll use it against you. Just seek professional help and use the cash in hand against them. Surely they will get caught out as your not supposed to be allowed to carry out work if it's not in the book! I'm not sure it's true, but you could def try!

Good job it didn't sell really! Can you imagine the hassle if the new owner came back to you accusing you of not putting any in! Would have been hell!

I said the very same thing to our lass thank god it didnt go.....made a mistake there by putting it on ebay the very two weeks when every ones on holiday or was it............I get to keep it but now im ever more determined to do an engine upgrade just need the right doner to come along and the fun will begin........if nowt else if and when its done there is a couple of corsa muppets that make my life hell...............revenge is sweet

Remember just ;cos there is no oil on the dipstick doesn't mean there is no oil in the engine. It could be so low it doesn't register. You don't say if the engine stopped, so it could be that If I were you I would either top it up and see if it OK, or drain it to see how much was in it. Most engines will ahve a fair amount of oil in them without it showing. (just htink about how much you put in on an oil change, but between high & low on the dipstick is probably only a pint or so.)

And not all the oil comes out the car when the plug is removed anyway. Some of the internals will still be lubricated, maybe just enough to keep your car running?

No point with court action as without a receipt, you have no proof the work was ever carried out! Well, i doubt you'd have much luck persuing that route anyhow.

Good luck on the 1.6! :)

had no intention of pursuing the court route its not who i am. I have a more hands on approach when someone crosses me....when i refilled engine oil it took 3 ltrs oil so as i just did service before it went in for clutch i estimate there been around half a ltr in there......and allthough i havent posted the outcome as yet i can asure you it was sorted...I will say this however i came away with a fatter wallet than i went with and for now that will do, I have also named and shamed the garage on a few northeast based forums so you all know what word of mouth is like can be devistating............

Back