Newbie seeking advice...

Hi People..

Just found your Forum and thought somebody might be able to help me.
I have recently purcahsed an 02 Micra from a dear old lady in our family. Having sat down and drank three cups of tea, watched the tennis and had a slice of cake we got down to the nitty gritty of the sale..
Do you have the log book? I asked... The what was the reply? No never had one of those. Oops
What about the MOT certificate? No...never seen one of those! Oops
You must of had one when you taxed the car? Tax? Oh I don't pay tax!! Oops?

To cut a long story short I purchased the car for a good price and off I went. Car drove lovely no noises,knocks or rattles! And a full tank of petrol.

Approaching home I looked at the mileage on the clock and it read 9700.... I thought this must me the trip reading and tried to reset it... But to my surprise I was reading the actual mileage of the car!! As she has had the car from new this is a very genuine mileage!

RESULT!

I digress.... my question is as the car has only been driven on journeys no further than 10 miles and probably has only had one service from new, not being very mechanicaly minded (company car driver) do I need to have the timing chain/belt changed and is there any other recomendations anyone could give me on a car that is 8 years old and probably has only just been ran in!!!

Thanks in advance

Ian

Give it a nice clean service. if there is no noise coming from the timing chain (rattles) then leave well alone :grinning:
So:
Oil + Filter
Air Filter
Spark Plugs
Ht Leads
Get yourself some tax?! lol

Oh and please post some pictures wanna see that clean engine bay! (Y)

Give it a nice clean service. if there is no noise coming from the timing chain (rattles) then leave well alone :grinning:
So:
Oil + Filter
Air Filter
Spark Plugs
Ht Leads
Get yourself some tax?! lol

Oh and please post some pictures wanna see that clean engine bay! (Y)

It'll be a coilpack engine. So no HT leads there to be changed :grinning:

Back