god damn it!

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi all, just want a quick rant..

yesterday the custom car cover that i had fitted to the cabriolet (£150 worth) was distroyed by a road sweeper. so i put on the spare cover (£50 halfords job) i just went out to the car and it has been stolen. i know it didn't blow off because i had the other car parked bumper to bumper.

£200 woth of covers gone, and now i am left without a cover to protect my car. knowing my luck we will have some kind of freak down pour of rain and my car will get trashed.

i don't know which i would prefer... a garage to keep my cars safe in, or a shot gun to shoot people with.

Ahh dude unlucky. Can you tie them onto your car and lock them on or something? To your wheels etc.

#### man....people #### me off sometimes...like how someone stole my wipers and reg plates....wtf is the point? i feel for you...

ah well that cover is not water proof which is what i need, its why my cover's cost so much or the convertible will just leak and rot...

but i like the bear trap idea ;) maybe surround my cars with razor wire too :D

Ahh dude unlucky. Can you tie them onto your car and lock them on or something? To your wheels etc.

thats the plan for the future, just makes taking the car out for a drive 10 times more complicated. i wish i had a garage.

That's not good. Just buy another one and hope no one steals it.

i wish it was that simple but i just DON'T have the money, i really don't even if its £20 or something.

That sucks! Have you phoned the council yet about the cab cover?

yea they are going to send through a claim form. just have to hope we don't have any bad weather until then.

i was going to clean the car really well and use the cover to keep it that way...

Must be one of those weeks.....fwn

Join a Gun club, get a Licence for a Shotgun THEN you can shoot them! (Y)

ha yea i think its one of those years? maybe on of those life times lol

that would be so great :D just hide in the car, wait for the cover to come off and....

i know how you feel nex ive already had my cover from the mg midget stolen and that was £75 from halfords, i got another one for £25 from halfords too and a tarpolen and a long bit of rope, put the tarpolen on it then the cover over it and toed it all round that way it cant blow off and at the same time you will prob hear it rustleing around if anyones trying to get it lol

i know how you feel nex ive already had my cover from the mg midget stolen and that was £75 from halfords, i got another one for £25 from halfords too and a tarpolen and a long bit of rope, put the tarpolen on it then the cover over it and toed it all round that way it cant blow off and at the same time you will prob hear it rustleing around if anyones trying to get it lol

thing is my car is on the main road no where near my house, they have all the time in the world to take it off. but yea i want to find some kind of rachet thing, then i think i will fit cameras in the other car and film anyone taking it off. see which house they go into

why do people steal them i dont get it

because people suck lol

Aww dude this sucks!! Why do people do it - it's not like your causing any harm! If only they would understand that it's to keep our fragile cars dry lol
Hope the issue with the council gets sorted though!
How about you get a motion sensitive alarm or something? So if the car feels like the covers being dragged off - without you unlocking it first - it will bleat and the thieves will run away?

Aww dude this sucks!! Why do people do it - it's not like your causing any harm! If only they would understand that it's to keep our fragile cars dry lol
Hope the issue with the council gets sorted though!
How about you get a motion sensitive alarm or something? So if the car feels like the covers being dragged off - without you unlocking it first - it will bleat and the thieves will run away?

well i was going to put a motion sensor in the other car, and point it at the cabriolet, along with a wireless cam, get that all beamed back to the house so that if the alarm is triggered i can look on the screen and see what is going on and then run up there with my bat :D

Sounds like a bloody good plan to me! :D trouble is - won't that be triggered by passing cars? It would be a great idea if it didn't!

wire in a switch to some chrome door handles and a 12V battery powered tazer gun...

i think you know the rest..

Back