fill your tank up ?

frank

Club Member
fuel protests planned for saturday !
i can see it fizzling out tho, but all hell breaks loose when people panic buy :laugh:

yes they panic buy when theres a bit of a flood! can remember the last big protest.....but i wasn't drivin then

to be honest something needs to be done, not saying this is the right way of going about it, but when you have to resort to paying 115.9 for BP ultimate it's beginning to get ridiculous.

Kev

there was such a big fuss last time it was going to £1 a litre but this time they have sorta sneaked and done it gradually I was wondering when people might start complaining. on normal fuel I put £10 in and get something like 10.06litres.

Awaiting Ed's comments about the price of driving being cheap :p

This was originally planned for a Wednesday, which would have been more disruptive. Something definitely needs to be done though, but people who panic buy can't see the point being raised. Panic buy - more people buying the higher prices?

The best way to get the message across to the government is for people to stop buying it, but that'll never happen.

to be honest something needs to be done, not saying this is the right way of going about it, but when you have to resort to paying 115.9 for BP ultimate it's beginning to get ridiculous.

Kev

why kev? IMO its no diffrent to odinary petrol apart from the price, all the extra ron is a loada who-har! its petrol, it runs your car the extra ron stuff aint gonna do wounders in a lil micra is it lol?

why kev? IMO its no diffrent to odinary petrol apart from the price, all the extra ron is a loada who-har! its petrol, it runs your car the extra ron stuff aint gonna do wounders in a lil micra is it lol?

If your running a turbo it has a much higher compression leading to detonation (pinking) with lower grades of fuels. The higher the ron the higher its resistance to detonation! F1 cars run well over 100!

Plus its better for your engine and you do get better mpg.

Plus its better for your engine and you do get better mpg.

Only about 5% better milage which is a total waste of money as its alot more than 5% in cost difference.

If your car is running a Turbo, mapped to use it then its really good stuff. But most of us will never see any benafit from using it all the time. I use about 4 tank fulls every 6 months just to clean the engine etc :)

turbo cars have been designed to run on unleaded for years (bar imported skylines)
super unleaded is needed for increased boost turbo,s or cars without hardened valve seats imo

yeah gunna be a big one this time i mean nearly 70p on duty and tax per litre its so darn money robbin its pathetic

it actually makes my micra run better on cold mornings lol and its not in my head ive tested a full tank of normal and a full tank of high octine petrol high octine petrol is a thousand times better i dont notice any mpg difference tho ive clocked 240miles for a full tank on high octine till red light comes on and 237 with normal average lol

what a damp squib !
1 protester turned up at purfleet fuel depot, she said i,m just a pensioner who pays 57 quid to fill up a peugeot 307

Back