little tank on top of the fuel tank

CMF_Wallie

» CMF Member
so, after fixing what i thought was the leak in my micra, fill her right up & nope i havent LOL.

so ive pulled the tank out & its the little clear/pink tank has a massive crack in it.

1. how do you remove it from the tank
2. does anyone have 1 laying around, i don't mind buying the whole tank if you don't want to separate it, il even remove the tank if its still attached to the car, il pay for the tank but if i have to pull it out myself i would like the pump chucked in for free as getting it out is a pain in the ass

CMF_Wallie

» CMF Member
i ended up just pulling it off even heat wouldnt soften up the glue
55971_10151184485893340_953771300_o.jpg

CMF_Wallie

» CMF Member
not sure it connects to a metal hose under the car via a canister of some sort. the guy at the wreckers had no idea what i was talking about so i had to email him photo's of it, but after doing some research ive come up empty, might try a nissan dealership to shed some light on it.

heres a pic of it on the tank

IMG_20121004_134614.jpg

340290_10151184471573340_1743014097_o.jpg

1 hose goes to a canister sorta thing then to the metal lines under the car, 1 hose goes to the far right corner, the other hose goes straight back into the tank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
does look evap related to me mate, hot climates may have got a more sophisticated system ?
i would just bypass and seal it personally, and make sure there is 1 vent going to the carbon canister in the engine bay

CMF_Wallie

» CMF Member
ok how would i bypass it connect the vent to the 1 in the tank near the pump & block up the 1 in the bottom right?

not sure i havent been able to find another tank like it so far just to take the small tank off it, i must have an odd ball micra lol

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Wallie WROTE:

"ok how would i bypass it connect the vent to the 1 in the tank near the pump & block up the 1 in the bottom right?

i would leave the feed and return stock, and block all but the highest ventpipe, and that ventpipe should go to the black carbon canister in the engine bay
edit, and a large vent to the filler neck

CMF_Wallie

» CMF Member
ok, so connect the 2 in the red togeather thats goes to the engine bay canister.. ignoring the fuel pump hoes in mu pint circle.

& block the 1 in the blue circle, the 1 on the left down the bottom goes to the filler hose vent

340290_10151184471573340_1743014097_o-1.jpg

Back