fastest k11 here?

janspeed stuff will bolt to standard stuff no problem.

i just replaced the standard manifold and 2nd cat come mot time

chie also got 99bhp at the fly on the rr day he did with full exhaust and intake iirc

if your worried about pass ing the mot but still won't to be quick.
i surggest whitline anti roll bars and strut brace. on my standard 1.3 with mentioned suspension mods i was lsoing saxo's vts round corners everytime and think how many long straight roads is there in england

well i have a maniflow manifold and cat back with a silenced decat going on as soon as it has been dipped and coated. gonna get my car r&r at awsome gti in wigan. unless this is another quote me happy r and r. if anyone else can recomend a accurate in the northwest area then i will go there. oh and i will have an induction kit.

ill put up a scanned dyno sheet of it when it happens

59 bhp is more than enough said:
well i have a maniflow manifold and cat back with a silenced decat going on as soon as it has been dipped and coated. gonna get my car r&r at awsome gti in wigan. unless this is another quote me happy r and r. if anyone else can recomend a accurate in the northwest area then i will go there. oh and i will have an induction kit.

ill put up a scanned dyno sheet of it when it happens

Well the Awesome GTi "RR" is still pretty new. Power figures are there or thereabouts....but i think they are probably still de-bugging it.

They have had standardish Civic Rs putting out 230ish BHP...optimistic.:wasntme: A 100ish BHP car shouldnt give a wildly innacurate reading though

If you check out there website, see how the dynoplots are far from super smooth...very spikey on some cars! Shows that the system is set up overly sensitive. The rollers are sensing such factors as out-of-balance wheels etc etc, hence the spiking. Not ideal.

I recently had my Golf mapped (on DTA ECU) by Road & Track in Ilford (near the Dartford Tunnel). They have spent over a year with the manufacturers (German) getting the sensitivity & calibration correct. They are different to most in that the car sits on a single roller which has its load adjusted by a huge inductance magnet under the floor. This RR gives no favours. The Golf made 193BHP/148lbs/ft giving 163atw.

These guys are "proper" RR tuners & map for Land Rover, Ford & Noble amongst others...

I have been to shootouts before/since where ive had 170-180atw so it shows what variations there are. I am confident the Golf "could" show up to 210BHP on a "Quote-me-happy" RR

Ian said:
its not about power though imo. 1/4 times is where its at :)

Well with "only" 75BHP standard...believe me you need more power if you want to improve over 1/4m:laugh:

chrismc said:
Well with "only" 75BHP standard...believe me you need more power if you want to improve over 1/4m:laugh:

he ment he dont care what your bhp is mate,,just your 1/4 mile

chrismc said:

yep, hence why im buying a starlet GT ;)

What i mean is, do a run, slap on some mods, do some more runs etc :). A 16.5 would be very nice for a micra :)

Oh.................that isnt quite what Ian wrote??? or perhaps ive misunderstood?

Improved BHP/torque will generally improve ones 1/4m time though, certainly on a relatively low powered FWD car ;-)

chrismc said:
Oh.................that isnt quite what he wrote???

Improved BHP/torque will generally improve ones 1/4m time though, certainly on a relatively low powered FWD car ;-)

well i knew what he ment,,also the setup of the car makes ALOT of difference toa 1/4 mile too,,,

yeah, wheels, tyres, gearboxes, suspension set ups. But if you keep the same set up. You can see the difference between power mods. It shows a lot more then a figure from some dyno down a back ally imo.

Edit: I never said it wasnt about power, i am saying its not about having a figure of power from a dyno. A time shows a lot more about a car then some figure that a baldy bloke with a questionable goaty has told you :eek:

did i say that? no.

edit: I refuse to carry on a conversation though a forum. Please MSN should you wish to discuss further.

Ian said:
its not about power though imo. 1/4 times is where its at :)

Sorry, I appear to have totally misunderstood the above quote!!!???????

Certainly a 1/4m time is an indicator to whether you have improved the power output....BUT it is subject to lots of variables too. Atmospheric conditions...how well you launch etc etc. A gain of 10BHP could be wiped out by a hot day with a headwind etc etc.

A RR is an ideal tuning tool providing, you can get before & after figures. Forget the value of the figures. It will show if you are going in the right direction or not..:wow:

chrismc said:
Sorry, I appear to have totally misunderstood the above quote!!!???????

the way i read it is,,you can tune a car up and get your RR slips all day long but if you cant drive it or the car cant put the power onto the track ther is no point..

if you have the same conditions, tester, machine etc. I guess both include too many factors too be considered highly accurate.

My typing is sloppy because im upset and depressed over a loss of a lot of money recently.

Ian said:
if you have the same conditions, tester, machine etc. I guess both include too many factors too be considered highly accurate.

My typing is sloppy because im upset and depressed over a loss of a lot of money recently.

Well I hope your luck picks up mate!!

you are correct....both methods have pro's & cons

i enjoyed reading that :)
so to "some up" lol the manifold is not definate that it will pass an MOT?
we are pretty sure that this mod with an exhaust can possbily achieve "100bhp"?

im not really a "Mechanic type of guy" but is it really that easy to keep swapping the old and new manilfods around?? this is where i show my Knowledge but dont you need a "gasket (not sure on this)" that goes between manifold and engine block when you swap, suppose depends on how old the old one is????

sorry
napster

Napster said:
i enjoyed reading that :)
so to "some up" lol the manifold is not definate that it will pass an MOT?
we are pretty sure that this mod with an exhaust can possbily achieve "100bhp"?

im not really a "Mechanic type of guy" but is it really that easy to keep swapping the old and new manilfods around?? this is where i show my Knowledge but dont you need a "gasket (not sure on this)" that goes between manifold and engine block when you swap, suppose depends on how old the old one is????

sorry
napster

Yes, some cars will pass with only the secondary Cat, others need the O.E manifold & primary Cat back on.....

The manifold requires 4 gaskets where the headers attach to the head. Every chance you may need new studs/nuts the first time you fit the 4 branch too as the O.E stuff gets very corroded.

cheers for that "chrismc".

also not sure if u know but on the standard manifold what is that "extra spark plug thing for? its attched to some electrical clips? was just interest what its / does cause it will not be attached to a janspeed manifold?

napster

chrismc said:
The manifold requires 4 gaskets where the headers attach to the head. Every chance you may need new studs/nuts the first time you fit the 4 branch too as the O.E stuff gets very corroded.

stock manifold uses two gaskets head to header, then one for header to down pipe, plus two special spring bolts, then one for downpipe to cat.

ohh jesus cheers for clearing that up cause it didnt know it attached again to the new manifold?? ive seen pictures of the janspeed manifold but havent seen any places for the "sensor" to go??

Davey C said:
rob did have the fastest k11 on here, he is the one you talk about, however he stripped his car for parts and sold it, think he moved on to a civic.

im not sure if i should be the one too write this up cause it should be the owner "Mr Rob" but i would just like to say that i have been in "Robs" micra and it WAS AWESOME!! very quick indeed!! it was one of those cars that when he got rid of it, you actualy appreciated what a "Magnificent K11 he had created"!!!
money and time had gone into making it something special!!!

cheers mate
Napster

i agree a full system and a good intake wont see you 100 bhp, me n mark had this conversation a few years ago, when i first got my K11. mines going to be RR'd at thor sometime this year, a proven company with a proper dyno. then we shall see ;)

i dont see why people dont believe it. if so many people have done this and proven that they can get near or above 100bhp then why dont people agree. whats the chances that all those dynos were out or that the minority are wrong. im getting my car done within the next couple of weeks so well have proof

stevenboron said:
who has the fastest scottish micra and what spec is it

N/A - it was me.

Mine was 102 brake at the wheels and was running

1.6 TB
Janspeed Manifold
De-cat
Powerflow exhaust
Apexi SAFC Remapped
FSE Boost Valve
ITG Induction Kit

Was a very quick car and woul run 0 - 60 in just under 9 secs. I ran the primera gearbox and the exceedy 200mm race clutch so it was easy to get the power down and have longer ratios etc.

i dont see why people dont believe it. if so many people have done this and proven that they can get near or above 100bhp then why dont people agree. whats the chances that all those dynos were out or that the minority are wrong. im getting my car done within the next couple of weeks so well have proof

90+ is achievable, hell im somewhere near myself. all i want to point out is that it needs someform of fuel/air control to reach and breach the magical 100.

tommo.

Titch said:
N/A - it was me.

Mine was 102 brake at the wheels and was running

1.6 TB
Janspeed Manifold
De-cat
Powerflow exhaust
Apexi SAFC Remapped
FSE Boost Valve
ITG Induction Kit

Was a very quick car and woul run 0 - 60 in just under 9 secs. I ran the primera gearbox and the exceedy 200mm race clutch so it was easy to get the power down and have longer ratios etc.

isnt my grassie scottish? he is a quick micra

i dont want to P*** on your chips either mate, but for 102 @ wheels, that cant be correct? was it not 102 @ fly? otherwise it seems rather slow if it was since you only got a 17 on the 1/4 ?

59 bhp is more than enough - the reason people don't agree is because not many people have dyno proof, i have, a fair few too, the problem is i've been to some quote me happy dyno's, and seen near 100bhp with just the janspeed, please note the near, but have seen 90 on some others, which is more realistic

titch - it will have been 102 @ calc fly

in regard to how rich it runs, no richer / leaner than the standard map.

does anyone know the spec of his micra then

i might see if rob is still a member on here and will tell him possibly to write up the spec him self??
or i can possibly write it up if he gives me exact parts etc.

i know some parts he had and installed but i wont write them now incase im wrong.

it was quick, put it that way!! under 8 seconds was for sure but an exact time he got on his "timer" im not sure!!

Yea sorry - was at the fly i got 102.

Sure Mr Grassies is 170 brake or something. He's running a turbo of a R5GT Turbo. Not seen it yet - but hope to in a few weeks...

Rob also had a Jun flywheel IIRC and totally stripped interior.
IMO beacchboy (not here any more) will havet he quickest N/A micra

Craig said:
Rob also had a Jun flywheel IIRC and totally stripped interior.
IMO beacchboy (not here any more) will havet he quickest N/A micra

Yea thats right, didn't he have lightweight Nismo wheels also?

And yea, Beachboys car will deff be the quickest...

Titch said:
Yea thats right, didn't he have lightweight Nismo wheels also?

And yea, Beachboys car will deff be the quickest...

yeh he did have the NISMO wheels. he had no Interior except two bucket seats :) was a very quick car indeed.

"beachboys" car was coming along verywell last time i spoke to him :)

he did have nismos and flywheel then i had them both :p now i stil have the roms and kneivil has the flywheel as he baught my 1.3 engine

Back