Fastest Standard k10????

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rizy102

hello just wanted to know what is the fasatest standar k10 - not including the st. i used to have a 1.2 gsx f reg and i think that was the fastest. i used to have races with 2.0 cars and win. but is there any other k10 thats faster?
anyone know? thanks

fwn... Beat it to 30mph maybe but what.. a 1/4 mile? what was he driving, a 2 litre dump truck or something?

I believe Mark currently has the fastest MA engine K10. There are other people who have done engine conversions such as Umar and a couple of others.

actually it was till 50 mph and he was driving a mitsubishi carisma.
also im talking about standard with original engine not a conversion/ tuned engine.

rizy102 said:
actually it was till 50 mph and he was driving a mitsubishi carisma.
also im talking about standard with original engine not a conversion/ tuned engine.

'races' like that dont count for anything. Its got to be done at POD or any other official timed quarter mile stretch! The MSC doesnt condone street racing of any kind either

All 1.2's are the same! producing 60bhp - so anyone who owns one will have the fastest unmodified MA12 in the club! Mark's is a MA12 (standard nissan K10 1.2 engine) with a few tweeks. I dont know why you want to find out the fastest stock / unmodified engine!

Fastest standard K10? whats the point in that? it'll be the lowest mileage best serviced one, but who care's?

I'll be at the pod to set a time, I'll be up against Micra Man and he has the same mods (so he thinks lol)

The new club record will be set on the 21st

i know there might not be any point in knowing for you lot but i just wanted to know you see. wat does the end letters stand for then. eg gsx or gs or just l.
i heard the super s is quite good aswell?

Super S in standard form is one of the slowest due to it being restricted for emissions with catalytic converters

The letters just relate to different trim levels. The L and LS are the most basic models, with Super S & SLX i think being the highest

OK,

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the fastest pod time for a 1.0 litre K10 both for a modified and an unmodified car......also what were the mods to produce the quicker time?

OK,

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the fastest pod time for a 1.0 litre K10 both for a modified and an unmodified car......also what were the mods to produce the quicker time?

not many people would wanna embarress themselves by running a standard 1.0 car.

I think Kev did 18.1 in a modified 1.0
still no one has yet to beat 18.1 in a ma10/12 powered k10

and neither will you mark i don't think. However, i'll beat in next year.

Anyway. Fastest standard K10? It is any 1.2, except ones with the ECC crap on. So, probably the GSX/SLX/GS.
And it is surprising what you can take off the traffic lights. 2.0 sierra is easy.

Also, santa pod is a ****e place for 1/4 miles because the grip of the track for street cars with street tyres is just appauling.

Slim said:
And it is surprising what you can take off the traffic lights. 2.0 sierra is easy.

Also, santa pod is a ****e place for 1/4 miles because the grip of the track for street cars with street tyres is just appauling.

at least someones with me!

Not sure if mine will be ready as I am waiting on the fuel filler which really could have done with arriving today!!! I know you have more mods than me Mark but think it will be close as I have the rebuilt engine. All depends on whether its done in time though, but would also rather run it in a little bit first rather than flogging it lol.

iv had 105mph out of my 1.0 K10 lol! (on the clocks)

and 0-60 at under 11 secs! (on the clocks)

105mph on the clocks? My k10 1.0 is stock and i could only squeeze 95 on the clock. But clocks are inaccurate at high ends i believe which could explain some of it right?

I did 160km/h (100mph) once, but it was a bit downhill. My k10 1.0 has about 95000 miles on the clock and is well maintained. I can shift pretty quick but my best was 0-60 in about 17 seconds.

How the hell did you squeeze an 11 second 0-60 out of an all stock ma10 ?

Got 80+ out of 3rd the other day, and 50+ out of 2nd, yea! i knew i cud do it, Prob because it has not been belted. (My nan drove it)
57000 miles on the clock, passed test 1 week ago, and luving it.!

my 1.0L super (K,reg) did 65 in second iirc! lol and it never blew up! i really think those 4 speed boxes are far better for acceleration although you screw your engine loads:k10:

The first four gears of the long ratio 5 speed are the same as the 4 speed box I believe. I used to have the 4 speed, now switched to a 5 speed long ratio.

There are 2 versions of the ma10, a 50bhp version and a 55bhp version.
Mine's a 50bhp, so I guess the extra 5 horses are those precious seconds I lose on the 0-60 time ? Btw, those 17 seconds have never been verified, just measured myself...

having had both 55 and 50 bhp versions of the 1.0 in the same car i can safely say it made no difference at all the real winner was the ma12 that had a hell of a lot more poke in it :D

1.0's will do over 100 mph???

christ on a bike, i've had 85 (on a private road) that was scary enough!

0-60 i got 14.3 secs.

K10 said:
1.0's will do over 100 mph???

christ on a bike, i've had 85 (on a private road) that was scary enough!

0-60 i got 14.3 secs.

The maximum speed (book figure) is 85mph. This is easily reachable whatever road etc you are on. I dont bother with my dials as they're way out, but i use GPS. The maximum speed my car has reached is 104mph.

And no ems, i dont drive like that anymore and you know it!

i have no problem with threads like this as you probably know from my posts..
but today my thread was closed because it had the same content as this one?

i dont want this thread closed because that ghey and boring..

im just abit peeved off when theres clearly a different set of rules for other members.

this wasnt aimed at anyone,i just had to say somthing about this

I wasnt racing anyone - racing topics are not permitted on the msc, also, i wasnt doing over double the legal limit! I was merely stating on a downhill road, you can get over 3 figures in a k10 - verified by GPS.

I didnt even say i was on a public road.

There's a slight difference between this thread and your locked one

i wasnt racing..speeding is speeding no matter how much over the limit you are.

my thread was more about the police and how they acted when clearly i should have been banned.

this isnt worth arguing about..and if it was admin allways win anyway

You were racing against a starlet GT. doing double the speed limit, on a public road in a 50. 50 limits are there for a reason, usually thin roads, on the edge of a built up area, or with a known crash history. It was irresponsible even if you feel it was not dangerous. And since you would not have (I imagine) being doing 110 in this 50 without the other Starlet its conclusive that you were either showing off / racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back