Fastest 1.3 micra

CMF_ULL-00Z

» CMF Member
Hi there all.

Question. Was wondering if any of you out there would no what the highest powered 1.3ltr turbo micra was?

And fastest quarter time done also by a 1.3ltr

Not sr20 jobbys they dont count.. thanks all.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
In Aus to our knowledge so far its Cisco's old Blue Monster with 143.7fwkw and a bucket load of torque. The chassis felt pretty flexy without more bracing above that and the torque steer was insane!
http://micra.com.au/images/ciscos-k11s/blue-monster/power-torque.jpg

No times were had but it was fast - damn fast. Kept up with a modified GTiR that had around 170-180kwaw from memory off a rolling start if thats a measure to go by.

But now every man and his dog is going to come out and say 'My Micra *should* put out xxxxkw', 'Mine will put out xxxxkw' or 'Mine put out xxxxkw' but no dyno sheet to prove.

*sigh*

I wish it was 5 years ago again

Sean

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Holy crap I never paid enough attention to notice how much torque that thing had.. That seems insanely high!

Sean, instead of continuing to wish it were the 'old days' - go pick up another micra and help make the community like it was. We don't have enough regulars from back then so it's one thing to say you'd like it how it was, it's another thing to actually do something about it and make this community rise up again ;) Did you buy back your old one?

As a side note, last dyno I did on the LX was 53.3kW ATW :p That was just a run to check AFRs but honestly I take it with a grain of salt as the previous dyno on that was 51.1kW - That was with a catback and 53 was with Extractors/2" headers-back mandrel bent system which did feel a lot more torquey.. forgot to compare peak torque figures though. Should find the second sheet to scan at some stage. What i'm trying to say is that you can't always compare dyno sheets from different places and expect them to be a fair comparison.

Anyhow, for a powerful CGA3DE, see the dude over on the UK Micra forums (Ed at Fusion Motorsport or whatever built/tuned that I think) or there's Ciscos CG13, as Sean mentioned.

No idea what the record would be in Japan or Taiwan but there's always crazy engine swaps over in both places.

---dens

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"do micras/march's have much of a following in japan? apart from the photos on the homepage and some random sites such as this: <BR><BR><A title=http://tinyurl.com/dxnmoz href="http://tinyurl.com/dxnmoz" target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/dxnmoz</A> and a drifting k11 shot on speedhunters i cant find much.<BR><BR>oh and that torque can not be right. surely.<BR><BR>p.s. dens need more info on your k11 on this site :D

There is ****loads of micras in Japan, 80% are standard auto 1.0liters but, i have a friend who lives in Japan, hes looking for bits for me. :)

in oz i'd say cisco's old car for sure. atleast by 20kw over everything else. followed by geoff w and evade, but evade's gone now and tony's got his old setup, and i'd say tony would be right behind geoff. chris (gtrholic) will be one to watch out for when he finally gets going too, and me too when i finally pull my finger out!

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
life coach WROTE:

But now every man and his dog is going to come out and say 'My Micra *should* put out xxxxkw', 'Mine will put out xxxxkw' or 'Mine put out xxxxkw' but no dyno sheet to prove.

Sean

Yeah and the problem will be the dynojet himself. Here in Germany some dynos have been tested with an Audi RS4. Tested by Audi 375HP, outside on another dynojet 431HP and on a second control-run 395HP...

http://www.breunitreff.de/board/jgs_portal.php?id=59

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
The CGA3 turbo over here in the UK put down 133kw at the wheels on it's initial setup. Unfortunately it was never pushed further due to some problems with oil consumption....a stripdown showed the engine wasn't machined properly, of which the bore walls were responsible. Poor machining setup resulted in the bore walls being out of parallel, hence cylinder pressure was leaking past the rings amoungst other problems!

Another engine has now been built which should produce somewhere in the region of 153-168kw at the wheels in it's initial tune stages on the current turbo. More will be possible, but honestly I think the owner will more than likely settle somewhere near the lower figure for transmission reliability and hence to actually enjoy the car before any future stages are undertaken :)

cisco

» CMF Member
Its not all about the most fwkw. When you drove blue monster you realise that any more power would be pretty dangerous in that car's chassis. Sure you can go for it to be a "dyno king" that wins a paper certificate and gives you a hard-on, but it won't make the car any more rewarding to drive. The only exception where it might be "fun" is if you were making a purpose built, drag-ONLY monster that you didn't want to drive on the street.

But if you own a car like blue monster and drive it and have gone through all the sagas, reliability issues and gearbox explosions, you realise that it already had oodles of excess power. Reliability and smoothly getting the power down becomes the big priority.

E.g. a car with even 120fwkw, BUT a mechanical LSD and slicks could have beat blue monster from 0-100kmh, even if blue monster gained another 50fkwk. A mechanical LSD and tyres would have made a much more useful real world improvement, but then does your gearbox snap soon after? Probably.. So get your $5000 ready for a custom made dog-cut gear set. Then enjoy the loud whining noise and clunky shifts in your "daily driver" that now shudders along, vibrates and is not so refined and smooth any more.

Although I never snapped the 31V box and was very happy with it, deep down inside my head, I was never purely confident that I wouldn't die if I was under full boost at 150kmh - there was always those "what if this whole thing let's go, then I'm dead" thoughts etc. Because when my 30A gearbox died at about 40kmh, even that was terrifying. Even in neutral, the car was sporadically locking up, jerking, locking up the tyres, crunching and randomly stopping the front wheels. There were pieces of metal everywhere that interfered with the drive train even while coasting out of gear with the clutch in, so I couldn't imagine what would happen if I was moving along at 150km/h.

There is a lot to be said about a super smooth, reliable factory setup :)

If you are still set on being a "power king" then, at least the easy thing with going for more power is that you can just raise the rev limit and as long as the torque curve is staying level and not dropping away too much, you will just gain power from that. Or just run some more boost or change the turbo to a different flow spec, once you have the rock solid bottom end, you can just play with different turbos etc and get more power etc. But wear might increase and reliability decrease proportionally if you are revving your little CG to 9000RPM :p

yeh but.. most people who have a car as a project/hobby, it isn't a daily driver.. so driveability/reliability isn't an issue. rock hard/stiff suspension/jerkyness/lag/clunky whining noises are all apart of the fun, imo, i can think of atleast 4 other micra owners who love their rock solid/bumpy/clunky/laggy micra's that wouldn't trade them for the world. breaking **** is inevitable, especially trying to do something in a car that was never designed to do what most proper enthusiasts on here are doing with them. imo, you only get reliability issues if you only do half the job. your right, its not about the most fwkw, but with the right head work/compression and ecu setup, i can't see why a stupid kw number can't be had with resonable driveability... obviously all of that comes at a cost $$$$$$'s.

Back