fastest k11 here?

stevenboron said:
who has the fastest scottish micra and what spec is it

I'm guessing that would be Mr grassies.

Quickest in the world, im guessing that could be something by powerman, or something by the japs.

Layla said:
that would be john and jo's micra.

no it wasnt jo and jons as that was done ages ago and doesnt have a huge ice install. its also 200bhp not 300. apparently this one was a bit chavy, most of it was in primer grey and massive front bumper. might ask em about it next time im in

but you would consider a true quick K11 to have to be N/A however, I would consider a TRUE quick K11 to have to have all the labour and workmanship done by the owner. I can get any car with a good few thousand, take it to somewhere and say "make this go fast". Doesn't prove anything......

This kinda thing should be sorted out on the strip ;)

Just wondering how a standard 75BHP CG13DE can be brought up to the 110-120 area with such apparent ease??? Induction/Exhaust & cams doesnt add up to 35+BHP gain??????

Im thinking maybe 90-95 ish is do-able...but 110+ seems very extreme...

Either that or you 110+BHP pepes all use "Quote me happy" rolling roads...

Before i get flamed...I also have a N/A 200BHP mk2 Golf Gti, so know a thing or two about N/A tuning;)

you have to understand that the cg series engine is very restrictive in the exhust and intake. it has been proven time and time again that with a simple indcution kit and straight through exhaust and manifold 100bhp can be had easily. also with cams and a remap 110-120 bhp can easily be had. esepcially if you have the 1.6 throttle body. so in short exhaust cams and intake does add up to 35 bhp. maybe you should do a bit of a read up of the cg series engine.

mine was quick:

full janspeed exhaust
ok intake
stipped rear buckets up front. about 800kgs.

0-60 about 9 flat. about 100bhp.

cams light fly and remap were all planned about 120bhp with more stripping to about 700-750 kgs....

say about because it was never officially timed so people don't want to believe i got no probs :D

but i got rid.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
you have to understand that the cg series engine is very restrictive in the exhust and intake. it has been proven time and time again that with a simple indcution kit and straight through exhaust and manifold 100bhp can be had easily. also with cams and a remap 110-120 bhp can easily be had. esepcially if you have the 1.6 throttle body. so in short exhaust cams and intake does add up to 35 bhp. maybe you should do a bit of a read up of the cg series engine.

feel free to give me any links....

Filter/Exhaust/4 branch doent add up to 25+BHP gain IMHO..

Surely the SuperS/SR models would have had some of these little tweaks fitted as standard to improve performance over the LX/GX models?

nope super s and sr were same spec as lx gx etc.

chie rr his with full exhaust + filter got 99bhp. he was running bigger injectors to that were causing problems

theres mention of it in the rc developments post about it to

for 110bhp + 0-60 in around 9 seconds isn't that quick in a micra.....

My brother has a 2.0L TD Xsara that's at 110bhp and that does 9.2 seconds to 60 and weighs nearly double the micra.

I realise that the improved breathing will give a gain....but 25BHP??

Surely a bigger exhaust & deresticted inlet will give a Higher peak BHP figure, but at the expense of low/mid range torque....

& we all know that torque is most important in real world driving....

chrismc said:
Surely a bigger exhaust & deresticted inlet will give a Higher peak BHP figure, but at the expense of low/mid range torque....

yes thats is exactly what happens. not so much mid range but the low range suffers.

but look at it this way you don't need tonnes of torque to move a 835kg car :)

chrismc said:
Just wondering how a standard 75BHP CG13DE can be brought up to the 110-120 area with such apparent ease??? Induction/Exhaust & cams doesnt add up to 35+BHP gain??????

Im thinking maybe 90-95 ish is do-able...but 110+ seems very extreme...

Either that or you 110+BHP pepes all use "Quote me happy" rolling roads...

Before i get flamed...I also have a N/A 200BHP mk2 Golf Gti, so know a thing or two about N/A tuning;)

believe dude, cos its true. Proven several times. Chie had 98bhp with just a catback and induction kit, titch had an SAFC ontop of this and got 102. Micra pete hit 113bhp, davey C had 108bhp. These were without cams. Just a catback, induction and a remap. Cams bring this figure close to the 120 mark.

In japan mulholland produce a N/A 160ps kit for the CG13. There are loads of mad CG13 powered K11s in japan, just search the net. Same power:weight as a skyline GTR, just the micra can outhandle it ;)

Ian

Alienfish360 said:
for 110bhp + 0-60 in around 9 seconds isn't that quick in a micra.....

My brother has a 2.0L TD Xsara that's at 110bhp and that does 9.2 seconds to 60 and weighs nearly double the micra.

with 110bhp, you can get quicker then 9, probably under 8.5 with a good driver.

The micra doesn't weight a lot, if you go extereme weight loss, you can get under 8's.

Layla said:

The micra doesn't weight a lot, if you go extereme weight loss, you can get under 8's.

didnt mr rob runs sub 8's?

Layla said:

I was gonna say sub 9 secs should be achievable as a standard car is under 11.....

Just amazed that the standard motor is so restricted if this 100+BHP level is so readily do-able.....

chrismc said:
I was gonna say sub 9 secs should be achievable as a standard car is under 11.....

Just amazed that the standard motor is so restricted if this 100+BHP level is so readily do-able.....

its a town car. the cg series were made and found to be quick. hence "lets reduce the inlet/outlet as much as possible to make it economical" someone mentioned the swift GTi these 2 engines are a lot more similar than you think......

i shall certainly have to investigate a bit of mild tuning then.....

K&N into a 1.6 airbox & maybe a custom exhaust with a 4 branch....

Whats the score with exhaust systems/cat etc.? Best to remove & refit for MOT etc??

Pretty sure my exhaust is O.E apart from a replacement backbox so all the nuts/bolts are VERY corroded.....:doh:

yeah if you remove it, put back the secondary cat to *maybe* pass an MOT, some do and some don't. You can increase the chance by adding either mechanical or electrial device which can decreasing the fueling.

ian

Mine went quite fast last week
Mind you, it was being towed on the a-frame by my cavalier!!!!!
Not long now
Hopefully

Goodness knows how quick mine is, i aint really pushed it...lol

But my old K10 1.2 GS, was the DOGGS!!! im buying another one in the future after my 1.3 Sr...lol

59 bhp is more than enough said:

ok reading this i got very interested :) i heard that the exhaust system was restrictive, but never new that with just a "janspeed manifold, and exhuast u can achieve 25bhp??? making it 100bhp ?? or is that with a "cat bypass" which isnt legal??
if this is true, which undoubtling it is, i might invest in the manifold and exhaust, if its that easy to get 100bhp??

cheers
naspter

yeah its dead easy to get a CG13 to 100bhp. I could do it with second hand parts for under £300. If you get rid of the second cat, you will have to put it back on for the MOT and the car could still fail its emissions test.

i'll be honest, im very sceptical one the 100bhp thing, i'd say true figures will be more like 90 bhp with a janspeed manifold, how many have a concrete proof dyno sheet showing 100bhp @ calc fly?

i had 99 with the full system, on what i feel in hindsight was an over-reading dyno.

second cat??? i know the micra has two cats quote me if im wrong but "one off the manifold???" and one "middle section just under the car which u can see if ya look under the car by the drivers side door"???

so the janspeed manifold gets rid of one CAT??? will this PASS an MOT??
however the one under the car i wouldnt get rid of. to much work to put back on for MOT time :-(

i was only asking about 100bhp with exhaust CAUSE IT SOUNDS A NUTS FIGURE with those mods???

napster, yep the janspeed gets rid of the first cat, mots are a funny thing.....

the second one is a 20 minute job to swap, four bolts, done.

cheers "micra_pete" and everybody else?

i must agree with u on ur "Scepticism" of the 100bhp figure from the exhaust but if sumone can prove (or not really prove just say) that it is true??

also "£300" for second hand parts seems alittle steep if ya could get it new for not much more.

sorry

dyno run with janspeed manifold, de-cat and cat-back system only

Attachments

• merr.jpg
    merr.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 268
not much more? Well its £200 for a manifold direct from janspeed. And i think a catback is also around that mark, with the de-cat silencer costing around £90.

I was also taking about a KN filter too. Its going to cost you £450ish for new parts.

At last....someone who agrees that 100BHP from simple induction/exhaust mods is a tad optimistic...

Even so...99BHP @ Well Lane is a decent effort...maybe 90ishBHP as you say! Still a damned good gain over standard given the limited mods!!

Im still confused as to what is required come MOT time exhaust wise if a Janspeed 4 branch is fitted???

.. Im interpreting it as 4 branch needs removing & standard mani refitted along with the secondary by-pass pipe remove & second Cat refitted? Rest of the performance system should still bolt to the back of the second Cat...Correct???

Im sure some people just think BHP is so easy to come by.....To achieve 100BHP is a 33.3% gain over standard!!! All from intake/exhaust mods? I'l remain sceptical til i see a genuine result from a non "Quote me Happy" RR. Something like a Dyno Dynamics RR like what my Golf was mapped on should suffice....

About a 40% chance it will pass without both underside and manifold cat..
Personally, i replace the whole system for standard when it comes to mot time.

James said:
If i understand correctly, a K11 will pass MOT emissions with just one of the two CATs fitted

Well it really needs clarifying by anyone who has been there & done it...:confused:

Calling all K11 owners with a Janspeed manifold. Does the original manifold & BOTH Cats need refitting come MOT time????????????

as i previously said, if you have one cat, you are not guarenteed to pass an MOT, i had 1 cat, and it failed.

i had to replace my std manifold and cat to pass my mot last time round.

and about the 100bhp thing i totally hear what you are saying there pete the dyno may be a bit on the "happy" side.

when i ran my car before the dastek and remap i managed to achieve 99bhp @ fly with a full system exhaust and a K&N filter. that was at vessey tuning at s####horpe. after the dasket was fitted and the car was remaped i managed to achieve 108bhp@fly prettty impressed with those results even if they were quote me happy results as you put it. either way the car was very swift on the road.

i personally dont feel that the full system exhaust actually makes you go "that" much faster without a remap, it does feel faster but on the road i dont think it actually goes "that" much faster if you see what i mean. ive tried and tested most combinations and around town you cant beat the std cat+std manifold, much more bottom end.
and on the m'way i really dont think the extra speed of the manifold is worth the sheer volume of noise that you have to put up with

just my thoughts

yeah davey your right about the car not being that much faster, but i think it does feel faster. Much more a kick at 5k rpm.

So its the ball-ache of removing the 4 branch & decat & refitting all the O.E stuff for MOT then:down:

Not AS bad as long as the Janspeed/other system (from the 2nd Cat back) will stll bolt up to the CAT OK..

Back