Extra performance in k11

Hi all Im looking for some advice on performance parts for the k11. For some time now i have wanted to get more power from the micra as it isn't the quickest car around. I can probably spend a total of a few hundred quid and im looking for ideas that would make quite a large difference in performance. Have been looking at wizards of nos website but all seems very complicated and too risky to me. Simpler ideas would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance.

thats much better than i thaught (might have to save for 1) :) what about with the exhaust system to go with the manifold

hi , i have just bought a 1999 k11 1.o with 26000 miles on her , but she is painfully slow , if i put a full exhaust system and de-katted it would it make much difference and what about the emissions at mot time ?

with no cats the car would fail and mot and a road side test.

It will also fail the emissions test. The difference on the CG10 isn't as much as the CG13, the best for your money would be manifold and put the CG13 cams in your CG10 head.

morning every one!
am also thinking of geting a jan speed manifold, but will it fail an m.o.t with that manifold on an satandard exhaust with a 4" back box, coz i dont wana be swoping manifolds for m.o.t every year. fwn

The K11 has a dual cat system, one in the manifold, a secondary one roughly underneath the gear stick.

To guarantee a pass, a micra requires the manifold cat to be present.

With a Janspeed manifold fitted, it depends on how hot the cat gets, how the engine is running, lambda, maf, etc on whether the car will pass its emissions test. Some have passed, others have failed.

dose anyone know anything about these eco-tech valve things, they came out a couple of years ago, they are ment to lower emissions, more power and better mpg. i think pipercross made them. they got good reviews by car mags but there still not very popular.
all car performance shops sell them

heres an ecoteck valve on a micra, 5th pic down.

http://www.ecotekplc.com/more_cars_06.htm

Back