Performance Exhaust System

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Im looking to upgrade my exhaust system in the new year, the only system i have been able to find so far is the Janspeed Mild system, anybody have this fitted to their k11? If so how do you rate it?

Is there much else out there in the way of exhaust systems? Is it worth upgrading to a janspeed manifold too?

Also seen the de-cat pipes for around £50 are these worth the money?

Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks :) :alien:

A Janspeed manifold and a decent cat-back exhaust system should work wonders :)

I have a Janspeed exhaust with a Powerflow cat-back system and its great.

i found the janspeed manifold made a big differance at 5000 to 7000 on my 1.0 and quite big throughout on the 1.3

It depends on what you want from the car. If you want something that sounds good but isn't purely performance related then go for a catback. If you're looking for a bit more fun then go for a full system. Just bear in mind that the Janspeed systems available through POTN, Roadrunner etc are carbon steel and do tend to rot through with time especially when used on short journeys, they also rasp a lot due to poor manufacturing.

If you are looking for a higher quality performance system which wiill give scope for future increases in performance such as cams and ecu work, which to be honest a lot of people don't go for due to funds, then get a Janspeed system from Matt Humphris. These are of a better design, with larger primaries, larger 2" manifold collector and system pipework. Available in both carbon steel and stainless for those with deeper pockets.

Back