Exhaust size?

Was looking around on here but couldnt find what i was looking for maybe iv missed it..i was thinking of getting a back box for the k11 though id go with the 3" rolled tip cherry bomb..so seeing as it'l be on the ramp getting the back box welded on i thought i could change the complete system while at it..so just wanted to know what would be the best size is for the system

Depends, what performance mods are you planning on doing? Unless you're fitting a 4 branch manifold, cai, maybe even cams I doubt you'll notice gains from a bigger exhaust... the larger the diameter the higher up the range you get optimal flow rate.

Depends, what performance mods are you planning on doing? Unless you're fitting a 4 branch manifold, cai, maybe even cams I doubt you'll notice gains from a bigger exhaust... the larger the diameter the higher up the range you get optimal flow rate.

tbh i just want it to be a little more free,i dont want it holding back and yep will be going with a 4branch mani,decat,induction kit for now..

reason im saying i dont want it holding back is my civic used to hold back to until i replaced the stock exhaust system to a 2.25" obviously didnt go super fast but it felt alot more free..

tbh i just want it to be a little more free,i dont want it holding back and yep will be going with a 4branch mani,decat,induction kit for now..

reason im saying i dont want it holding back is my civic used to hold back to until i replaced the stock exhaust system to a 2.25" obviously didnt go super fast but it felt alot more free..

The sportex/Peter Lloyd exhaust is a 2.25"...it's a competition exhaust system so I reckon 3" would be absolute tops for power gain.

The sportex/Peter Lloyd exhaust is a 2.25"...it's a competition exhaust system so I reckon 3" would be absolute tops for power gain.

the lloyd system is 40mm o/d iirc (1.5"), and the size of the 4-2-1 would dictate what bore to go for really :)

The 1.0 and 1.3 come with same exhaust. I wouldn't go over 2", 1.75" for town/city driving and go from there, 2.25" seems WAY ott for me. No point going bigger than the tubing in the 4 branch though.

stock is 40mm Frank
nah, stock is 38mm o/d and 35 i/d (swaged down to 32mm in places, ie, crush-bent) the lloyd system is only 3mm bigger bore iirc

20130908_181542.jpg

Back