Exhaust..

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Right,
This weekend i decided to make the outlet on my back box a little bigger, i currently just have an emptyed back box, with an exhaust tip on, then all the gap around the exhaust tip filled with exhaust putty so its sealed, this weekend i decided to drill a few holes in the back box on the inside of the tip around the pipe to allow more gasses to come out slightly faster, this gave me a bit of a louder roar and made it slightyl deeper too, but..
Is there any reason why performance will have changed?
Im happy with it as it feels like it pulls harder and far smoother, just intreeged as to why..

gasses exit quicker = better response, but to be honest it could also be placebo effect. Have you taken anything heavy out of the car?

nope, litterally just made a few holes so more gase comes out of the exhaust tip. if anything its smoother before it like jerked as soon as the high lift cams came in

The main intention was to make it a little louder which worked, and actually sounds pretty good, i still want to try and do 1 or 2 more but its finding the space to do it :)

Remove back box and weld a piece of scaffolding in its place, that'll make it louder ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Back