Exhaust System Opinions

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
I have janspeed manifold and want to continue the rest of the system now and was wondering has any one got a OMP Competition Exhaust System on there micra, i see it removes the 2nd cat and is 40mm tube. How does it sound and what size is the exhaust tip.
Also whats the janspeed one like, what system would be the best. And one last thing anyone got a pic of 15'' alloys with 185/45 tyres on a micra.

anto modded

if yours is a 1.0, the janspeed manifold gives a healthy increase to the topend but has a horrible rasp tho
and if you go too big with the system you might lose the gas speed

Anto modded: i have the OMP exhaust you are talking about :) with the janspeed!

As Frank has said, with the janspeed it had a "rasp", which i thought was alright!
without the janspeed its silent which i like and when you accelarate it...."comes alive" so to speak!
the tip is 2.5" (just measured it)
havent had any problems!

Robert on here has the janspeed exhaust and thats loud!!!

Attachments

• PICT0114.jpg
    PICT0114.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 292
  • PICT0109.jpg
    PICT0109.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 285
Sounds good, I dont want something too noisey but dont want too quite either, probly shouldnt be too fussy lol. i had a ashley back box before and it sounded the buisness.

sorry to hijack so to speak but i am going to be putting a full janspeed system on from manifold to backbox on my 1.0l, will this make my ears bleed and would it be better to get the omp one?

cheers

Anto modded; why the change from the ashley comp back box if dont mind me asking?
JJ, i can see (and hear) it being very loud! your choice though!!

Napster.......was just checking other options, but i will most likely get another ashley as the sounded lovely. Think if i put the manifold on and decat the 2nd cat and add a backbox that will do cause i measured the pipe today and it was 38.5mm. Doesnt seem worth the extra for a 40mm tube. Couldnt fault the ashley, lovely rumble of it when you let of 2nd gear

hi guys iv got a janspeed manifold sports cat by-pass and hks back box and im thinking of addid another on the outher side but a cuple of mates sed i wud loose back presure can any one advise? thanks for any help

ive just put my standard manifold back on and a new cat for mot time and my god....it sounds sooo much better than with the janspeed.

but theres no power...grr, the engine feels physicaly restrained.

janspeed maniflod sounds too raspy, wonder if you heat wrap it would it help deadin the annoying noise.

beanie is it a bouble back system you are thinking of

janspeed maniflod sounds too raspy, wonder if you heat wrap it would it help deadin the annoying noise.

i've heat wrapped my janspeed manifold and welded it together. it's got standard center cat and a homemade 2" s/s mandrel catback system with a center silencer and savage universal backbox. there is no rasp on mine now ;) and it was dyno'd at 100bhp ish at the flywheel. with just the exhaust and induction kit

I heatwrapped mine and it got rid of most of the rasp :)

My cat heatshield is now rattling though, so will remove it when I get time!

I have Janspeed manifold > custom 3" decat > custom powerflow 3" exhaust with mid and rear silencer.

Not too loud but sounds nice :)

yea it is bud, i was thinkin insted of useing 2" bore, use std micra exhaust
if the back presure becomes a prob

just a quick question for every 1 with the janspeed manifold does ur car pass is MOT? av never with mine

mine was heatwrapped....

it was very very loud and raspy when cold. but after a good 10 minutes of driving arround, lost its rasp and sounded very thraoty indeed...

maybe need more heatwrap, i might do the whole exhaust next time...

or even paint it.

well, with a twin exit, ideally you'll need a balance pipe, and the balance pipe would go through the spare wheel well.

So that would need cutting out and welding over.

anto i have a 2-2.5" exhaust for sale. jap style straight cut 4" tip irrc. its decat pipe included + then from cat back (cat swapple for mot)

i have a video of the sound ! whats your email, in in northern ireland too !

Has anyone bought or seen a Ashley Competition Exhaust System. It says Micra 1 ¾” Twin Box System 3” ss on there site, but no pics.
I take its a 3'' single exit backbox. Whats the 1 3/4'' Twin Box System and does it bypass the 2nd cat. Will it work on a december 98 1.3 micra

i may have accidentaly adjusted my rev counter a little....so it reads 3000 rpm at 3100...lol

RPM is taken from cyl no.1 when the car is hooked up to the analyzer, so adjusting your rev counter will do nothing.

its a 1.3 Super S matey...with 108,000 miles on it..
yeah, but my second cat doesnt have anything in it since the last fitter dropped it on the floor and it all fell out.

so ive chucked me mani-verter back on. and it only took 40 mins...

so not bad.

its my CV joint boots that are providing the biggest pain in the rectal area!

You have a 1.3 yes? It should pass with just the secondary cat on and a performance manifold...

Pete......my SR failed MOT with janspeed manifold with 2nd cat and standard exhaust system!! it varies with car though! loads of people on here have failed and only a couple have passed it iirc

You have a 1.3 yes? It should pass with just the secondary cat on and a performance manifold...

mine failed, but not sure how hot the tester got the cat? it's all heat wrapped now including the cat, and i'll make it a point to tell the tester to get the cat glowing before testing it this year.

In ireland we have a nct, equivalent to your mot except its for 2 yrs, so makes it worth while just switching back to the standard system. Although things arent strict at all over here,just a pity im the only one with a 1.3 micra that i know of over here. People dont take them serious.........but will when im ready for some trackdays..

Pete......my SR failed MOT with janspeed manifold with 2nd cat and standard exhaust system!! it varies with car though! loads of people on here have failed and only a couple have passed it iirc

Held at what revs?

Mine failed badly at the lower limit for revs (can't remember what that is, 1500rpm?), about 3 times over the limit! However I got the guy to hold the revs to near 3000rpm and it leaned out quite a bit, and passed very easily.

i was not there and havent got failed sheet to hand, infact, not sure i got that back!!!
anyway, when i spoke to the guy, he said that i failed emissions......blah...blah.....which was down to "over fueling"!!!....he said the second CAT was working perfectly!!!

found the failed MOT sheet!
"exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive"???

not actually sure that helps though Pete? lol

Back