A few questions i have about exhaust and manifold...

Smc92

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys, i have been looking at getting a janspeed manifold for my k11, but what i was wondering, if i put the janspeed manifold on and then onto my current exhaust (which is just a standard exhaust) would it still increase power? And does the manifold bypass the first cat and straight onto the down pipe of the exhaust? I was also wondering if i put the janspeed manifold onto my existing exhaust, but took the 2nd cat out and put a performance back box on, would that increase performance even more than the manifold on its own or would it just make sense to buy a full performance exhaust system?

I was going to buy a full 2" stainless system but the car needed a full new exhaust to get through MOT (it had been on the car for 16 years lol) so i couldnt wait any longer and had to get a standard system because i couldnt afford the perfomance exhaust at the time, thats why im reluctant to replace the whole exhaust system when its less than a month old.

Thanks for any advice guys (Y)

Scott.

yeah it would sound nice especially with a jap can on it as well :)

So you dont think there is much point then frank? Whats the best way to get a bit more gain out of it then do you think?

Ive still got a Frank manifold , Janspeed deccat and Sports back box to put on mine a real iffy set up i know but id be interesting to see if there are any noticable gains on my Super S !!!

Frankspeed manifold, standard first cat sportex downpipe to back box (Y) passed emissions without any problems :laugh:

Back