Exhaust

I was looking to treat myself to the stainless steel janspeed competition manifold, cat back and sports cat for xmas and was wondering what sort of gains i would get from them also whats the difference in grp N or A?

Ive just read some posts and people have had a few problems with janspeed exhausts so is it worth going for a different make or was they unlucky?

Dont know weather youv"e seen my post "full exhaust system" some people say the standerd one is up to the job unless you want to change the sound of the car then no probs, but if your after power (wich i am) then ill go with exhaust mani then the inlet, inletmanifold will have to be coustom made standerd one is load of ####,also a sport cat,"different make" if you want a jap ive seen HKS do only a back box for £350 ouch the rest apexi,blitz jun,nismo,etc...etc... dont want to know
Its all about the money SHOW ME THE MONEY

a full stainless system works out at about £50 per hp :eek: (+ emissions and insurance considerations)
it all depends on what your priorities are really :)

well id rather pay the extra and have stainless steel so ill know it will last a very long time. i would still pass the emissions with sports cat right or is it worth leaving stock one in? the full system works out about £1000 so 15-20bhp id be happy with. On matts part list on the cat back it says grp N or A what does this mean?

jesus,

want to pay for my turbo set up?

thats mental, you could get better gains that 20 with that money, spent on cams, janspeed steel, get them second hand and then get a better ecu and remap...

Steel works out £760 so not much cheaper. if i could get 2nd hand i probably would. Not sure if i wana touch the engine at the moment doing cams, flywheel etc. ill have a look at AAS system now.

haha yeah or that!

though i reckon it would be a good laugh,

wonder what the shipping is though?

bet all of that would come to under 1k!

the manifold is 520 which gives the most gains from exhuast and the catback is 220 which makes it sound better. so is it really worth gettin a sports cat which is 260? ill fail MOT with decat wont i?

How long is mild steel meant to last because i read on another thread Frank and Retepetsir said there janspeed manifolds had rotted

Thinking about it say i get steel and its broke after 4 years its worth nothing but if i get stainless steel then after 4 years its still gona be worth over £240 which is the difference in price.

well its your shout mate,

but thats just my 2p lol

i reckon you could get a better increase for less money, and be able to pass emissions etc, have yo uhad a look round the blogs and stuff mate?

as your 18 i would suggets you stick with a 1.3 for now as you will have to pay a #### load for insurance regardless,

you could pass with a "sports cat", but you could save a fortune and get a 2001 - 2002 K11 cat, ( they only have one, where our secnd one sits, this is why they have more power stock than earlier ones iirc ) and just make sure you look after your engine and warm it up before your MOT and you should pass. with a 4 2 1 mani it would still feel faster,

then i would suggest a set of fast road cams, with a better inlet manifold, maybe you could ask the genius that is frank for his help? you could source all of this stuff for about 600, saving 400 from your budget.

you could then use this 400 towards a better suspention setup - 50mm springs, shocks, pan hard rod - as important, if not more so than performance mods.

but thats just what i would do :)

depends, i am still saying go for the mani, but just not the s/s one,

but that is my own opinion, its your car and your money mate, all i can say is have a read through the blogs, franks and moddeds super s, and have a think, they are 2 of the best ones to have a look at :)

lol yeah he does a lot for work,

but his is a great example, he has got 100 plus out of an engine without janspeed, and without spending thousands of pounds,

i am sure he would be happy to chat ti you about work,

there is nothing he doesnt know about micras!

hi am carl i have micra k11 1.0 2002 and lov it. i want to find out where i can get a full normal stainless steel exhaust please help which companys and prices.

Back