Engine Warning Light on.New ecu.Nissan are not sure?Please help...

sorry to hear this. you shouldn't have bought it if engine management light was on. some memeber will have a better idea. good luck.

if the throttle body, accelerator pedal and e.c.u. have genuinely been replaced and the problem is persisting i think unfotunatley the next step would be to strip the car and inspect the loom, it has to be there imo.
in the meantime you should head straight to ebay and buy one of those cheap as chips €20-40 obd2 fault code readers and leave it constantly plugged into your car and every time the light comes on just press reset :D temporarily problem solved lol

the engine bay loom is probably straight forward to change, but a full loom would be a mission tho (dash and interior out :eek: ) and scrappies would probalby charge about £50.
this yard is breaking a k12 (0121 753 4114)

I have the exact same problem!!!!

Nissan Micra K12 1.2 Automatic.

Problem started straight after a service & MOT last week. Car went into limp mode - wouldnt go above 2000rpm. Took it back to the garage and they suggested a fault with the throttle body. Wasnt convinced, so took it to Nissan. They also said throttle body and quoted me £800.

I have an OBD reader, and I was getting error code P1122 - throttle position sensor (low voltage).

I bought the throttle body off ebay (new) and fitted it myself.

Car will now rev to about 3500rpm but throws up error code P1121 - throttle position sensor (high voltage)

If I reset the error, all is good until i turn ignition off and back on again.

Should I change the accelerator pedal? - I have had this out and looked at it. Checked it with a multimeter and the potentiometer seems to be working (but I dont know what values to expect).

Is there an air flow meter in this car? where is it? - could this be a problem?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Back