K12 - engine warning light on amber,loss of power

I have my K12(55reg) for almost 3 years now and the engine warning light came on 3 times now. I was told by the local garage to get it checked by Nissan because they can't identify the problem so I took it to the nissan dealership. They told me it might be failure of IPDM or ECM.

Their exact wording was " Carried out investigation EML light showing on das found past fault relating to TP sensor, possible early sign of failure of IDPM(intellegnet power distribution module) or ECM(electronic control module) customer to monitor."

they quoted me price for IDPM for £134.99 and ECM for £873.74. and 4 hours+ labor to be on top.

I don't know why it is so expensive and can anyone help??

Both of those components are basically ECUs for certain parts of your car, meaning they're small boxes with lots of wires, lots of circuit boards and lots of programming, like mini computer hard-drives in a sense. I'm sure they bought the parts from a Nissan dealer who drove up the prices of those parts to make some money, and then ontop of that the garage put up the prices so that they too could make more money too :/

Back