Engine Out And In Job

Hi

My mechanic was taking too long to do the headgasket on my car as per a previous post.

I am now about to start to remove the engine and install a new one. I am not a mechanic, bit can turn a few spanners and have an engine hoist to my disposal.
Hopefully they are the same. Is there anyone who has done this before and could advise me of any tricky bits to look out for?

thanks

I got the old engine out, new one in, but now it wont start..It sounds like it wants to start but just doesnt. I can smell a bit of fuel, there is a spark, so what else could it be. I reckon Ive messed up something with the hoses. Can anyone post a picture of the RHS of the engine, so that I can see what hoses go where?

Another problem is, The clutch pedal isnt springin back into place. It does spring a bit when close to the floor, but thats about it.

Attachments

• PICT0081.JPG
    PICT0081.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 267
are you sure you put the fuel pipes on the right way round ? it's an easy mistake to make.

Yeh i made that mistake as well, as the engine i took out had them wrong way around and i just followed that. so best to check all these small things that you are 100% sure on as all of these can affect it. Crank the engine and whilst you are cranking have someone spray cold start into the engine and see if it runs whilst they are spraying

Thanks very much for your help guys, Frank, sorry I didnt mail you back, I just went straight at it once I posted the query.

The fuel lines were on the wrong way, once swapped it fired into action.

The other problem was the relese bearing in the gearbox, it was on upside down and managed to slip off..

Just going for my MOT today, thanks again for all the suggestions

Back