Engine Management Light On

I've never had any issues with my little 1.0 Micra, but last night I noticed a squeeking from the front end of the car when I was driving, and this morning the engine light came on, Car feels fine to drive? it hasn't been heating up much in the winter with the cold mornings, and I have an induction kit fitted, could this be causing issues? or anything anyone else thinks it may be?

nah gunna get some at the weekend as I'm doing long days up in London, do you think it's possible for the induction kit to effect it? maybe emmisions? As the car is barely heating up in this weather lol

done the heater filter ? ,they get block'd.
your temp needle ? where does it reach to.
doubt the induction kit effects the heating system,, may have helpd puting the managment light on though cause your MAF sensor is in line of that

yeah I'm talking about the temp gauge, barely reaches a quarter of a way up? and can easily stay practically at the bottom in the icy mornings, for a good 20/30 minute drive, maybe the sensor is getting iced up or too cold? what do you recon the squeeking could be? Never had any car issues really and the car seems to drive fine...

prolly the thermostat then eh, forcing the coolant temp sensor to hang on to coldstart enrichment maybe

will get it looked at, at the weekend and update with more info, but thanks anyway guys :) hard to diagnose a problem from just a squeek really haha! :p

I got some codes for it today and it was the engine temperature sensor, so pretty simples, gunna cost me 8 squids, the guy seemed uncertain so I thought I'd ask on here if its safe to drive it with a dead sensor?

Back