Heeelp! Engine management light!!

Only had my car for 3 days (1.4se 2001 auto, 83k).... sniff....
Had it checked at an engine tuning garage on the first day, they said the rear lambda was shot, it was just about working, but definitely needed replacing.. Have ordered a new one which should get to me tomorrow...
Today I replaced the rear silencer as the baffle had gone on the original one making it sound like a sherman tank!
Also replaced the air filter today...
It drove very well today, got to see how nippy it was for the first time, was feeling quite chuffed with my new purchase.. my neighbor drove it around my village for 5 minutes, parked it up in my drive, then 10 minutes later when I tried to start it, the engine management light came on (orange, not flashing) and although the engine is turning over fine, it will not start!
Have looked at loads of past posts regarding the engine management light and there seems to be an enormous variety of problems that can go with this..
Is it possible that my rear lambda has finally died completely? Can anyone recommend where to start trying to deal with this? Have spent all my money on this car and all the new bits for it, am very worried I have bought a pony...

Steve..

Hi all..

Was my spare key all the time!!! The NATS was not working with it... Had not realized my friend had taken the spare key from the glovebox (did not know I had one!), had swapped it around and it was not working... sigh..
My car is running very sweet now and at last I can say that I am proud of my first micra, very nippy!! Only thing I would like to sort out is that it occasionally stalls if I brake hard to a stop.. Apparently the car has been standing for a few weeks so will drive it around for a bit more before I get serious about this..
Hopefully my future posts will be of a more positive nature and not panicky ones about false faults..!

Steve

Back