Engine management light

CMF_joannie

» CMF Member
Please help a poor mortal female that does not understand cars. My Nissan Micra E (53 plate 36K) has decided to play up. Engine management light came on took it to garage who diagnosed Cam Position Sensor faulty. Replaced it. 2 days later light back on this time mechanic gave me the following codes that were wrong. P0340, P1111, P0011. He says the CMP acuator? could be faulty or the Engine management unit is broken. Car starts and self revs then cuts out and won't restart for ages and there is a strong smell of petrol. Mechanic reset computor but two days later back to same problems.Have also been told that it could be the timing chain needs replacing. I don't want to just keep shelling out cash. Can anyone suggest what may be wrong.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
P0340 is the cam position sensor
P1111 is INT/V TIM V/CIR-B1*6
P0011 is Intake Cam Position Timing Over Advanced

If it's a low milage car, the chains should not need to be touched.
Was the cam position sensor replaced with a new or 2nd hand part?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
could that inlet valve timing control solenoid be stuck on full advance?.
am i right in thinking the solenoid/actuator advances the inlet cam at a set rpm? and if its sticking, will throw up those fault codes?

CMF_joannie

» CMF Member
Re engine Management light
Hi Frank I'm not sure The car is a Micra E 998 cc Version A 01 registered Jan 04. If you tell me where to find what series the engine is I will look tonight. Must go to work now.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
joannie

i am assuming its a cr10de with some sort of inlet variable valve timing! (it will be stamped on the block somewere)
if it is, i would get your mechanic to check the solenoid/actuator is not sticking,then reset the fault light.
if you drive at low rpm, and the light stops off,then rev it up and the light comes on, we would be on the right track!

frank

Back