engine cutting out???

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
car has been fine since i brought it...this morning was fine, oil check light came on so i topped up the oil. no problem there...

ran the car a good 60miles, so i started my journey at about 10tam... it wasnt until 4pm my car cut out going up hill.

turned it over with no luck, left it 10minutes and it fired first time no problem. so drove it about 2miles and it cut out agian! did the same 10minutes and it was fine...

it then did it agian another 2miles down the road...i then decided to check the ingition, leads seemed fine and so did 3 of my plugs...

the 1st plug was coverd in oil, so cleanned it and re-fitted. it then ran fine!

anyways drove a good 8mile with no problems.

parked up and reved my car it revved fine, but when the revs where going down the car cut itself out :S

an hour later and nothing car would move...

came back an other hour later and it was fine???

so plug no1 has oil init (no idea how? doesnt seem to be coming from rocker oil gasket)

car smokes white smoke

and it cuts itself out?

so is this due to:

too much oil, as its just over max mark, didnt check very well when i put it in lol.

dizzy on its way out?

plugs?

help, really annoying me grr

White smoke generally links to burning water. Is it constantly smoking even when the car has warmed up?

It could just be the cold weather.

But check if its losing any water and check if theres any white "mayo" in the oil.

Back