Micra cutting out

I get this strange cutting out on me 1.3 super s. If i cruise with trailing throttle its fine but if a floor it it starts cutting out and wont rev. I had something similar to this when the bloddy tape mod to remove the limiter went wrong but when that happened i couldnt even drive it it just died. I changed the complete dizzy then and it was fine after. Any ideas?

I dont think it is the dizzy beacuse the new one was taken apart, cleaned and inspected before it was fitted to the car. Ill try to clean the maf somehow i guess and then go from that.

I cleaned the MAF with some carb cleaner and it runs fine for now. Ill see how it goes on the next cold start :) Tnx for your help guys!

when you start it cold ,if it cuts out then the ign switch may be mash up,,only contacts when warming up inside it

It idles fine and drives ok at trailing throttle. Only when i try to accelerate it starts spluttering...

have you got a spare dizzy to try airmike ?
when i fitted the japspec engine the tempgauge sender went to the red within 1/2 a mile so i disregarded it as faulty, but 5 miles later the engine cooked on the motorway :eek: and it ran as you describe (it overheated the dizzy), i had to keep stopping to let it cool down to get home

Back