ECUTalk Consult LCD display

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
Club Members now get a $20 Discount!!.
...see post #24 for details...

recieved this through the post about a week ago and have been testing it since - its an Consult LCD display from Peter at ECUTalk

P9230143-1.jpg

its a plug-and-play consult display giving readouts of all the sensors monitered by the ECU, including RPM, battery voltage, injector duty cycle, ignition timing, O2 voltage, AFM voltage and TPS voltage

P9230142-1.jpg

and also includes a trip meter screen showing current speed, fuel economy, trip average speed, average fuel economy, fuel used, fuel usage rate, distance travelled, and time elapsed.

P9230144-1.jpg

the display also acts as a USB consult interface and is compatible with all the major free consult interfaces such as Conzult, TECU, Calumsult and OBD Scantech, as well as Perers own ECUTalk software (shown below)

P9230145-1.jpg

bonuses include adjustments for injector sizes (for economy readouts) and number of clyinders, displays in MPH or KPH and degrees Celcius or Farenheight, and also a timetrials screen with 0-60, 0-100, 0-160 and 400m times...

firmware is easily upgradeable via a laptop, and later editions should iclude the option of data-logging onto a microSD card (cardholder already built-in), and audiable warning signals for user defined peramiters such as water temp..

all in all i reckon its a brilliant piece if kit, weather for diagnosing faults (unit can display and clear fault codes and aid in diagnosis of problems) or for data-display (the MPG readouts are handy)

throughout set-up Peter has been a star, answering all my questions via e-mail swiftly and politely, as well as offering help and advice when needed..

i have no problem recomending both the ECUTalk LCD display and Peter Very Highly!!

I was just about to look into buying this when I remembered the Primera does a fair bit of that built in to the clocks! :blush:

Still, looks the business (Y)

mmm quite tempted to get one of these, i quite like to know wat mpg etc i'm doing. so it cost you about £110 delivered then? Where does it plug into?

ah ha just read on his website it goes into diagnotic plug :p

RK

that looks very usefull !, does it fit the early and later type of diagnostic plug ?
(ie, consult 1 and 2)

MM - it cost me just over £100 (the £ has risen against the $AU since i bought), plus about £12 in import charges/VAT etc...

Frank - i'll check with Peter....

How easy was it to set it up? I have emailed them as I am interested in getting one, Ronin_kid you could be his UK supplier!!!! with a good %.

Can you do any changes once you get these readings?

K6 - setup was simple, its basically plug and play (apart from imputing injector size and cylinder numbers, which was really easy to do)..

no permanent changes can be made to the ECU using this, or any other consult software as far as i know, you'd need a propper re-map for that, but i believe the full version of ConZult allows you to adjust idle levels and ignition timing (i've tested the free version of ConZult with this unit, which does do idle adjustment), but the ECU defults back to standard as soon as the ignition is switched off...

NisTune (also based in Australia) are currently developing a half-size board that would allow realtime tuning of CG, GA and SR series ECUs, but no release date has been given for it yet....

MM - not sure, does the pre-facelift have the type 1 or 2 consult plug?. i've e-mailed Peter on that point and will post up when i get a reply....

All the nissan consult plugs are the same. Some later models are hybrids and have OBDII and Consult on them. The facelift K11 is OBDII only.

mhmm, guessing it wouldnt display mph for a prefacelift seeing as it is mechanical drive?

i think there is still a way to pic up MPH, the cluster has a reed switch which counts rotations, it may feed that data back to the ECU

MM - not sure, does the pre-facelift have the type 1 or 2 consult plug?. i've e-mailed Peter on that point and will post up when i get a reply....

I just meant I'm not sure if the mph would be picked up as the pre-facelift speedos have mechanical drives not electric like the facelift. Maybe ed would know?

i think there is still a way to pic up MPH, the cluster has a reed switch which counts rotations, it may feed that data back to the ECU

meh hopefully cause i want one :p

Echo lets write all the same stuff !!

btw all nissan ECUs regardless have speed input, even 1985 march turbos (which are cable driven) and ECC controlled 1.2 super S's anyway.. The rest is as I said :)

would mine? its a 1999 inspiration?...oh btw off topic what does coilpack version mean ive heard that before...may aswell update my terminology?

simon

just fewer moving parts, and a crank sensor (the trigger) is more precise than the chain driven cam sensor in the dizzy

Great News!

Great News!!

i recieved an e-mail from Peter at ECUTalk earlier today....

In light of your thread there I’ve added the uk micra forums to list of forums eligible for $20 discount ($200/205 for green/blue, +$20 postage to uk, which is around 100GBP all up at the moment). Forum members should provide a link to their profile when ordering.

Bonus!. :blush:

Echo lets write all the same stuff !!

btw all nissan ECUs regardless have speed input, even 1985 march turbos (which are cable driven) and ECC controlled 1.2 super S's anyway.. The rest is as I said :)

So to put it in simple terms (for me), this will fit all ages of the micra? And will function the same in all? (i.e. will it fit and work in mine?...lol)

Just want some sort of confirmaton before i buy one.....

It will ONLY work if you have the nissan consult plug. Which is every K11 upto the ones with coil packs. If you have a NON coil pack K11, this will work.

MM - just like speedomiter readout, 0-60 timings will be affected by non-standard wheel/tyre combinations - Peter is aware and will hopefully provide a correction feature in a future firmware update..

What mpg are you getting? I'm a little concerned, (although off topic), because my newly aquired 1.3 GX gets 400miles to a tank :S

err only about 30 atm! thats half ragging half cruising! Think my lambda might be screwed cause its rubing on a bracket in the engne bay.

i ragg the taties off mine 24/7 70 miles a day, lambda unplugged... still does around 350 miles to a tank..hehe

nothing decent. but if/when the ecutalk software is updated to use .net 2.0, maybe it will work with mono under linux? no idea, havent kept up with mono. currently its unlikely to as it uses win32 calls for the serial port read/writing.

MM

you could dual boot your little acer with XP, and only use the XP offline, i think the linpus will act as a firewall when online.
with an sd card left in the extender slot you should have plenty of space left eh :)

Just fitted mine:
Its excellent! I would really reccomend it! So far got 9.17 seconds on the 0-60 timer!
I smell a race in the air ;)
I haven't tested the time trial features, but with my dicky speedometer sticking at 95 in one trip, the speed readout was handy.

What wheel/tyre size are you on to get the accurate GPS/speedo speed? 185/65/14 on mine.

I smell a race in the air ;)
I haven't tested the time trial features, but with my dicky speedometer sticking at 95 in one trip, the speed readout was handy.

What wheel/tyre size are you on to get the accurate GPS/speedo speed? 185/65/14 on mine.

185/55/14 on mine and its near dead on accurate through the ecu talk.

firmware updates available, v2.02 back in sep added Alerts (using onboard buzzer/flashing on screen) and Adjustments (of fuel/ignition) and v2.03 out now adds total trip stats recording (not just current trip) and now Adjustments are active when on main sensor display/trip meter screen (in v2.02 this was just while on adjustments screen).

few other minor changes also - see news posts 1 and 3 on website (and more info on firmware page)

and links above still valid for discount

Brilliant item, definitely will take one, but can't afford 140 Euros right now :(Must...resist...until...next...MONTH.

Peter, would it be possible to sell kits that people will have to solder themself ? Also a basic Android version woul be TOP and very useful !

Back