LCD tv buffs

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
I'm keen on getting an LCD tv for my media setup, seen many in action and know I need one.

To date 3 mates have Samsung and I see shops like Game using them to show off the 360 (next on list to get) so I think I'll stick to that brand (and after seeing many Philips ones come in broke after 1 month in last job I'll avoid them)

Have come across model LE26R71B for £400 delivered which is about all I wanna pay.

26" in max size I want (unless a 32" at same price and spec came along) as it will be in my bedroom on my desk so will be close enough.
Will be connected to 2 pc's, 1 for gaming via DVI with DVI to HDMI converter and 1 for media via VGA, standard (modded) xbox will connect using component and TV/dvd will connect via scart.

So you get the idea of what I want from an LCD, is the linked model good for it?

As you all would agree you wanna spend the right amount of money on the right piece of kit.

stunnin tellys dude, was gonna sugest a samsung, 26" is lush, my mate has on, amazing pic, take tha samsung lol!

imgres

im using the le26r51bd samsung.. and its the dogs mate... love it.. good choice...

only bad point with the whole Samsung Range is the poor speakers... really quiet.. so im using a 5.1 kit.. really brings gaming to life and normal tv is 100% better too..

I got a Samsung 40" lcd hdtv a few months back and think its great! Like you say the X-box is fantastic when you play a recent game on it. :love:

Glen mate that Polaroid tv is ####... we demo them all at work and i can honestly say the HD is poo on it in comparison with a tv's that cost that little bit more... (you get what you pay for type)

the one Arnie's got is mint... if i didnt have Samsung i'd go LG... (Arnie HD on yours is beautiful)...

Gaz you've made a good choice for that kind of dough... go in to Currys and look at the Le26r73bd... similar model and ask them to connect Sky-HD up to it... looks amazing...

Glad to see my choice is recommended, my mates 40" Samsung makes me sex wee and seem to see Samsung LCD's all over the place.

I have an amp for sound but will need a new one in time as it's old enough but does the job for now.

I have an amp for sound but will need a new one in time as it's old enough but does the job for now.

Nowt wrong with old amps my lil brother using a Pioneer amp and Akai components from like the late 80's... kicks ass...

Got my LCD screen on the cheap from work... was Worth £900 at the time i paid way less then that... :)

Back