ecotek valve

i had one on my 1.3 corolla, didn't notice any gains. all it did was make a horrible sucking noise, needless to say i sent it back for a refund.

They don't seem to actually do anything, from what I've seen of their 'technology' it just seems to be a pretty looking tap.

Indeed. I have read the patent. Only one small paragraph is mentioned which relates to the air disturbance nonsense they speak of. You wont see any gains. Dont bother.

I'm going to buy one, when I get it I'll tell you, The only way it could save fuel is by making the engine run lean. All that BS about turbulence in the manifold wouldn't affect economy.

Why waste your money? Honestly the MSC has been through this a million times. The K11 operates in closed loop so it would have absoutely no effect what so ever. Seriously spend your money on something more usefull.

IT WONT ADD ANY.

Ignore the marketing hype and READ THE PATENT. Its a shambles. The company selling these were told by the ASA their adverts boarded on lies with no proof and were forced to alter them. They wont do any harm but they also don't give any gains.

It's not the performance we are interested in, it's the fuel economy.

If you want improved fuel economy put a brick underneath your accelerator pedal so you can't floor it.....plus it's free (if you have a brick laying around)!!!

Proven to work rather than this crap!!!

Don't bother with it!!! Waste of money!!!

if he wants to try it, and realise for himself that it wont do anything, i can't see the problem. you get a full money back guarentee. well i did anyway :)

For the price I'd pay for one it'd be worth the risk, plus it'd make the list of crap stuff I bought for my micra a little bit longer AND give you guys sommat to laugh about.

I know they won't give any increase in MPG but with the rise in fuel prices it's at least worth a try.

No its not. Seems your insistant on buying it tho. At least it might look pretty.

so i take it is a bad idea ?????? so wot can i buy for under 100quid to help my cars mid range power then????????????

Nothing that you will notice, everything is limited by the intake/cams/exhaust you need to change all three to make any real difference.

intake/exhaust is done all ready i got leads and plug ....i have a decat but that is not on yet . i am still look for a manifold........... could i swap my 1.0 L head for a 1.3 head would this work ... .also...wot if any... throttle body would be a straight swap and would it make a difference to power?

Ok for some reason I thought you had K10. How about a 1.3 engine conversion? Thats really the best thing to do for big gains.

daddyjay

.......... could i swap my 1.0 L head for a 1.3 head

the heads are the same but the cams are well worth swopping tho
the ga15 throttle body fits apparently (if you can find one, i could,nt ! )

Back