FSE valve

Got a 2001 K11 1.4 and having trouble tracking down an FSE valve for it, would one for an almera 1.4 fit even though it was fitted with GA block? the thinking behind this is its sort of similar displacement and power output so would be similar in rising rate pressure or would the 1.3 valve be better seeing as the block in my wagon is only a few cc more than a 1.3?

If you feel you need to fit a fuel pressure regulator then fit anything as long as it isn't an FSE fuel valve. They are notorious for poor fuel pressure control.

Its not so much of "feel" the need to, its more of a case of have to, i have a really horrible delay in pick up while changing up in shall we say a spirited way. Its not a major lag, but its noticeable none the less.

most stock fuel regs just drop the fuel pressure 1/2 a bar @ low throttle/high intake vacuum AJC, to compensate for the 1/2 a bar vacuum sucking on the injectors during those conditions.
my ebay reg does the same (tho its probably listed as a 1.7:1 rising rate one :rolleyes:, a "true" rising rate reg will double the fuel pressure at least, but are megga bucks !
i would try some QG (red) injectors personally
and to fit a reg to yours, you just remove the smaller O ring from your stock reg and fit the other one downstream (no need for an adapter, like the CG,s)

aye thats the one mate, very handy if you want to try out different fuel pressures, and straight fit injectors (2 allen bolts, and pull out)

Back