ebay problem maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
bit of a strange one for you here guys friday night i found the following auction for a set of rota alloys starting bid £1 so stuck a silly bid in on them thinking i`d never win them
Link To Auction

Now on saturday morning the auction title has changed to corolla gti breaking for spares etc and the following message has been added
On 07-Mar-09 at 10:39:41 GMT, seller added the following information:
STARTING OFFERS FOR THE ALLOY WHEELS ARE £200.00+ PLEASE CALL ME FOR DETAILS..

now my bid was in before that for the alloys so where do i stand ?

help please people

bit of a strange one for you here guys friday night i found the following auction for a set of rota alloys starting bid £1 so stuck a silly bid in on them thinking i`d never win them
Link To Auction

Now on friday morning the auction title has changed to corolla gti breaking for spares etc and the following message has been added
On 07-Mar-09 at 10:39:41 GMT, seller added the following information:
STARTING OFFERS FOR THE ALLOY WHEELS ARE £200.00+ PLEASE CALL ME FOR DETAILS..

now my bid was in before that for the alloys so where do i stand ?

help please people

thats a tough one, you could try contacting ebay? how can someone change what they are selling half way though an auction, that doesnt seem right. good luck on getting a bargain mate! but tbh, if i was him i would just get a mate with an ebay account to outbid you:)

You can ask the seller to withdraw your bid iirc. especially if you tell the idiot that you placed the bid before the ad. was completely changed.

The change to the ad is recorded so they wouldnt have a case to a dispute anyway (hopefully).

Yeah personally, I'd open a dispute with eBay - I don't think sellers are allowed to completely change the auction once someone has bidded on it.
You might have some luck though, someone might outbid you, but even if they don't you get a Corolla GTI to break for parts and sell on ;)

i`ve sent ebay an e-mail asking them to remove my bid stating only the facts hopefully they will remove the auction aswell hate people like this

I'm sure it says somewhere in the T&C's that you don't have to go through with the transaction if the description or listing has changed after you've bidded. At least you haven't lost any money at this stage so i wouldn't worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back