Micra Clutch problem ?

R

rod

Have just posted a thread on K10 designated area, but as the problem may
be one not specific to them - just trying for advice more generally. My
clutch ( crunching, clicking, scraping, stuttering ) has been "fragile" for some
time, but now with engine running, it is impossible to move gearstick from neutral to any gear. What has happened please and my best plan.
Rod.

this happened to me in my K11 except i was coming out of diasy nook in ashton (if anyone knows it) - big steep hill. I get to the top, stick into nutueral hand brake on, car moves off in front drop clutch feel a click hear a clack and car wont go into first, i finally get it into 3rd (of all gears!!!) and rev the crap out of it... limping home in 3rd all the way.. felt like a noobie driver!

So replace ur clutch kit :)

Thanks for advice !

Yes well, very to the point - but is he right ?? - Sounds like
he knows what he's talking about to me - does this mean I can
100 percent rule out my hopes that it is just something to do with the cable ?
Rod

I had a similar problem with my k11, was sitting at a junction on the a66 and had my clutch down and my hand break on, suddenly my car starts inching forward, i thought eh!!

couldnt get it in gear so had to leave it and get a lift home with a mate, went back for it later with a recovery truck

in the end i got it home changed the cable but there was nothing wrong with the cable **(so rod am guessin you can rule it out)** and had to buy a new clutch kit - that wasnt all though - a tooth off the pressure plate had punctured the gearbox housing so that was p*****g out oil like there was no tomorra - so needed a new one of them 2

so be carefull!!!

Many thanks gents !

Okay okay, ... it's a new clutch and no messing !

Many thanks for all your advice, was particularly taken with the "cameo"
regarding the "daisy nook in Ashton" and the big steep hill.
I am out here in Crete in the Greek Islands and was coming downhill from
a village to the main road - AND "running on fumes" with the intention of getting some fuel asap. Got to the main road as in the case of the Ashton correspondent when "the plate fell" - to quote. It is not a busy road but when they DO come it's at 100k and half asleep - but managed to push her across to safety and park up. Anyway, looking on the bright side, - obviously saved myself the petrol money. It may amuse you that the only gear that I CAN get is reverse !

Someone has suggested just to move the vehicle ( and as the lever moves without the engine running - try selecting first or second and turn the ignition - might this work or just escalate the problems ?
Rod.

Back