k10 super s on ebay

Mark

Ex. Club Member
link

I have been to view the car in the auction.

the car is in a poor condition,

engine/gearbox/clutch/running gear

the gearbox is very noisy and when moving a grinding sound can be heard very loudly. oil is black and water in radiator shows signs of head gasket failure. oil was quite rough from cold and got better when warmed up. I did drive the car and clutch wasnt the best.

original engine on 124k and its on its deathbed.

also sills were rusty. will need welding for mot

bodywork

has spots of rust on doors, around rear window in the round corner. bodykit is snapped in one place, scuffs and scratches on bodywork especially on bumpers.

Interior

Car has been used by owner to carry wood (logs) and other gardening equipment. roof lining/dash/door cards have chunks missing out of them and are in scrapyard condition. inside is filthy and drivers seat is worn.

I couldnt believe the state of the interior it was a disgrace.

I made the owner an offer of £150 and he keeps the tax. he accepted but then after driving home i thought about it and I no longer want it.

the car is an absolute NAIL. I was gonna strip it for parts but the state of the car it wont get much and wont be worth the hassle. kit/bumpers are damaged etc.

May look good in pictures (I thought so) but in reality its 1 and a half months (MOT left) away from a scrapyard.

Easy Now rude boys.

Mark....

Sounds like the Super S that Ed and Mike went to see in Bradford (I think it was), really bad condition, yet was described as "Mint". It's probably the same one, only moved 50 miles....

micra man said:
Quite deceiving that, as it looks very clean on the pics. :(

And the description doesnt mention any of the interior tears and bodywork issues that Mark describes. Looks good, but a shame its not.

This is why people sell cars on ebay, the buyer doesnt have to view the car before buying and its easy for a picture to make a car look a hundred times better than it is in reality.

Its a gamble when buying on ebay and the cars on there are so over priced.

£510 for a K11 in awesome condition and £350 for the K10 camper :)

Am I the only one thats had a good ebay experience buying cars? Surely not! :eek:

I don't think I know anyone who has actually ended up buying a car on ebay - plenty of people have gone to view them but they've been really, really crap. Not just a bit crap, but seriously wrong.

I suppose the same is true of other cars I've seen though - always described as "mint" or "perfect" and then turned out to be sheds.

We went to see a Metro once (at least I think it was a Metro, some small eighties hatchback). I couldn't believe they guy was trying to sell it.

The carb was held on by cable ties and some twisted wire. The guy said it was sucking in too much air, so I popped two of the plugs - this thing had been running about as lean as you can get without permanent misfire.

I then went to check the oil - and couldn't find the dipstick, so asked the guy, and despite owning the car for over 6 months, had no idea where it was. When I found it, I saw that the oil wasn't even touching the bottom of the dipstick - never mind the low mark.

Then, I took the oil filler off - it looked dry as a desert in there. Touching the cam with my finger, I could feel deep scoring running all the way round. I didn't even bother to check the water, but I would expect there to have been more than a bit of Hellmann's finest in there.

I think most sellers begin to crap themselves when 3 guys who know about engines and cars turn up, socket set in hand. Shame there is no way of informing other buyers before the sale ends.

on ebay i got a £25 march k11 with nothing wrong with it apart form no vin. just cost me an extra £50 for delivery.

Andrew said:
Shame there is no way of informing other buyers before the sale ends.

Yeah thats a shame you cant do that, however if you're that keen on something, it pays to check it out yourself before you buy. that metro sounds terrible!

I tried to sell an impreza on there but didnt have any luck.

Back